This member has provided no bio about themself...
Try DaggerHell Overkill it should be compatible. Regarding this version (1.2) it`s almost sure that compatibility with other mods will no longer be supported. I modded monster behavior and graphics, and also the gems system don`t allow it.
Maybe in the future I`ll be able to do it.
Don`t worry! The original idea was that, my first idea of this mod was to make it mainly for Heretic, aesthetically fits in every way possible.
There were two reasons I did it first for Doom:
1) Two years passed since the last time i modded Doom, I needed a little "practice".
2) Doom has a LOT more map packs and slaughtermaps to test and feel the gameplay.
I´ll make a couple more updates tweaking some numbers to enhance gameplay. Then, I`ll translate all to Heretic.
Hexen maybe in the future, it´s not as action oriented as the other two, so a lot more work needs to be done to adapt it.
I´d love to see it! I prefer the "8 bit" art style. Otherwise it would feel out of context.
Its called Ultimate Doom Visor, here´s a link to it: Moddb.com.
The monsters HP have been alredy altered on V1, for example zombieman´s health is the same, but revenant´s not.
Thanks for trying it out :)
Oh just a little advice: If at any time you run short of maps to play, try oblige, is an automatic level generator, you can make pretty awesome slaughter maps with it (http://oblige.sourceforge.net/).
Hey man! I just added a new weapon to the arsenal, i wasnt planning that until yesterday. Check it out! :)
There is custom work on the mod, i specified everything on the description and on the video. The graphics base is Cosmetic Doom, and included on the main file there are two other mods: Ketchup Gore Mod V5 (without gibs) and Ultimate Doom Visor.
I copy paste here the modificactions I made at a gameplay level:
- Monsters move slightly faster.
- Some monsters have a lower health, to make the level advancement faster.
- Chaingun replaced with minigun (feels better in my opinion).
- Shotgun fires faster and more accurate, for better precission at long distances.
- Pistol has more precission and does more damage.
- SSG and regular shotgun have more firepower.
- Rockets travel a lot faster, and have a smaller mass, so you can fire between bars for example.
- Plasma balls travel faster.
- Stimpacks and medkits, give less amount of health.
- Ammo boxes give less amount of ammo.
- Player starts with the chainsaw only and a lower amount of health.
Also, I replaced and/or edited some weapons sprites to match better the Doom color palette. And I made the video using a wad created with oblige, but I can´t see what´s the problem with that, there aren´t maps included in my mod.
And let me tell you my opinion about almost every mod i´ve seen: they take resources from other people, and it´s better that way, you can see that on brutal doom, doom rogue like, samsara, etc. There is nothing wrong on avoiding the reinventing of the wheel, it means we can focus on gameplay.