The game you've all been waiting for. State of Decay is an open-world zombie-survival game, developed at Undead Labs and produced for Xbox 360 (via Xbox LIVE Arcade) and PC. State of Decay (formally codenamed as Class3) is a third person zombie-survival/action game developed by Undead Labs and published by Microsoft Studios. The end of the world has come, and players must explore an apocalyptic landscape while fending off hoards of zombies. The XBLA version of the game haas been released on June 5th, and a PC version will follow afterwards. The environment is an open-world that evolves over time, generating varying content depending on player actions. Players can set up a fortified safe area, form raiding parties, create supply chains, and collect resources.
This mod aims to recreate the world of the undead as envisioned by the father of zombie movies, George Romero. The Romero zombies are the classic slow shambling zombies who only want to eat your flesh. They are very persistent and the only way to kill them is by destroying the brain or causing severe damage to the head. The living dead series by George Romero is known for the atmosphere of dread, where even though zombies are slow and weak, they eventually catch up to the humans who end up going against each other due to their personal desires. Modern Fast Zombies have also been added as another choice for gamers to use. I believe that giving gamers the ability to choose how they want to experience a game is the best way to make them happy.
Game: State of Decay
Mod: George Romero Mod
Version: Test 18
Tested On: State of Decay Lifeline (Lifeline only, not Main Story or Breakdown)
Date: May 31, 2014
Original Thread: Forums.undeadlabs.com
Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org (If you enjoy the George Romero Mod, I'd appreciate any donation you can send to help fund my real life business ideas, thank you!) :D
SPECIAL NOTE FROM ADENO:
Greetings everyone! This mod is specifically designed to only work with the Lifeline part of State of Decay. I've been very busy with real life in the past few months due to my job that requires me to be away from very early in the morning until night, and that's why I haven't been able to update the Main Story and Breakdown part of the mod.
Since Lifeline just got released, I did what my very limited time allowed me to finish. I concentrated on the core features of the George Romero Mod first, the different speed settings for zombies (so you can choose to play with either slow zombies only or fast zombies only), Fatal Attacks Extreme (if you want every zombie encounter to be really dangerous where one bite or scratch means the end for you), and of course, Fulci Vision (so you can watch the gore without blur).
I hope that my little offerings for the Lifeline expansion of State of Decay would give you a little more joy with this wonderful game!
Because I won't be able to dig extremely deep into the files of the new Lifeline part of the game or even fix the Main Story and Breakdown mod features due to lack of time, please feel free to look up my "State of Decay Basic Modding Guide" for examples on how I made certain features.
Have fun and thanks for your continued support!
Latest Optional Features:
- Three Zombie Types: Classic Romero Zombies, Modern Fast Zombies, and Default Zombies.
- Enable/Disable Vehicle Damage
- Fatal Attacks Extreme
- Fulci Vision: No more red tint covering the screen during violent deaths!
This mod aims to recreate the world of the undead as envisioned by the father of zombie movies, George Romero. The Romero zombies are the classic slow shambling zombies who only want to eat your flesh. They are very persistent and the only way to kill them is by destroying the brain or causing severe damage to the head. The living dead series by George Romero is known for the atmosphere of dread, where even though zombies are slow and weak, they eventually catch up to the humans who end up going against each other due to their personal desires.
Modern Fast Zombies have also been added as another choice for gamers to use. I believe that giving gamers the ability to choose how they want to experience a game is the best way to make them happy.
Current Optional Features:
* The following features are meant to only be used with Lifeline. *
1. Slow Classic Romero Zombies, Modern Fast Zombies, Default Zombies - you can now choose whether your game will be inhabited by slow Romero zombies or fast modern zombies! Additionally, you can also choose to use the Default zombie settings.
2. Vehicles: Enable/Disable Zombie Collision Damage - you can now disable or enable vehicular damage when you run over zombies. Fulfill your road rage fantasies by driving near invincible vehicles!
3. Fatal Attacks Extreme - were zombie bites and scratches non-threatening to you? Use the Fatal Attacks Extreme feature if you want each zombie encounter to have a potentially deadly consequence! One bite will put you down and if the zombies manage to get a hold of you, there's no escape and you'll get torn apart and eaten!
4. Fulci Vision - named after Lucio Fulci, considered to be the "Godfather of Gore", Fulci Vision removes the red tint that covers the entire screen when somebody is dying a horrible death. You can now see the brutality of someone dying as they get torn apart by zombies!
Thanks to atxoxx and DeeJay for finding out about the zombie population properties and giving the idea to use a hex editor for BMD files! Thanks also goes to Phacops for helping me remove the red tint for Fulci Vision. Special thanks to grimreefer24601 and dude1234 for making the BMD Editor and XML to BMD compiler that I now use.
Thanks to ~Silver, Slain Necros, Adejam, BuzzLiteBeer, tobu24, Hitom, jwideman, and chaz for helping me do some Enclaves tests.
Thanks also to the people who remembered me for my George Romero mod for Dead Island and Riptide! Thanks as well to the Undead Labs community for appreciating the George Romero mod!
Thanks also to Nick, Gabriel, Cameron, and Josh for being such great friends who make my real life work days a lot more fun and less stressful!