Follow a boy's journey through the mountains as he tries to clean up Santa's mess and save Christmas. Armed with only his trusty umbrella and a little of Santa's magic, help him navigate through foreign terrain in search of the lost presents.
Snowbound is Released!
Play it here: Mxmoss.itch.io
1. We made more use of the slippery surfaces and the sinking island mechanics
2. We incorporated parallax to all the levels
3. We fixed the camera jittering bug
4. We added a snowball breaking animation
5. We added juice for main menu
6. We designed a whole new winning scene
7. We adjusted level difficulties to make player go through the whole game more quickly
8. We padded tiles to walls to avoid environment edges showing up in camera
What's the Motivation?
This week, given that we finished all the core mechanics of our game, we mostly focused on play testing the game and fixing small bugs. Meanwhile, we made levels juicier and smoother. We also realized that we were not making full use of all the game mechanics we have, so we incorporate more of those in our levels.
We are done!
The Gamer Apartment has now released our beta version of Snowbound! Updates include an art redesign and new levels and mechanics for deeper gameplay.
We have released the alpha version of Snowbound. You can download and play on Windows and Mac.