World War II rages and nations fall. SS head Himmler has Hitler's full backing to twist science and the occult into an army capable of annihilating the Allies once and for all. Battling alone, you're on an intense mission to pierce the black heart of the Third Reich and stop Himmler or die trying. Fighting in advanced team-based multiplayer mode, you'll wage your own WWII in an all-out Axis vs. Allies contest for frontline domination.
This provides the Shotgun of the MP mod "WolfTactics" to the SP Game. The Shotgun is bound to weapon slot 1 (same as the knife). It uses the same 9mm ammo as the Luger.
Title : WolfTactics Shotgun for RTCW SP
Version : 1.7
Author(s) : V00id
Release Date : 2017-01-08
Last update : 2018-09-12
Game : Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Single Player
Addon : WolfTactics Shotgun
* Construction *
Custom textures : No
Custom sounds : Yes
Custom models : Yes
Custom game code : Yes
Editors used : N/A
Other utilities used : Notepad++, Hex Workshop v6.8, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, Visual Studio Community 2017
Programming time : 12 hours
Testing time : 16 hours
* Description *
This provides the Shotgun of the MP mod "WolfTactics" to the SP Game.
The Shotgun is bound to weapon slot 1 (same as the knife).
It uses the same 9mm ammo as the Luger.
* Change History *
- Added the IORTCW version of the mod
- Added single pellet reloading
- Added 5 CVars (See section "CVars to control the shotgun"):
- The shotgun now fires a random amount of bullets between 10 and 15 per shot (was constantly 12 bullets before).
This brings more realism to it.
- Added new screenshots
- Reduced the firepower (From 10 to 8).
- Reduced the aim spread (From 0.8 to 0.4)
- Increased the firepower (From 6 to 10). The spread increase has weakened the weapon enough.
- Reduced the firepower (From 8 to 6)
- Increased the weapon spread (From 750 to 2000)
- Added a player recoil
* Installation Information *
- Latest official update 1.41 of RTCW is needed.
- Important: Backup the files "cgamex86.dll", "qagamex86.dll" and "uix86.dll" of the RTCW installation folder (where the "WolfSP.exe" is. Default: "C:\Program Files\Return to Castle Wolfenstein").
- Unzip "RTCW_SGWT_MOD_v1.7.zip" to a neutral folder (NOT the RTCW installation folder).
- Copy the content of the sub folder "RTCW" into your RTCW installation folder.
* Installation Information IORTCW *
- Version 1.51b of IORTCW is needed. Get it from Github.com
- Unzip "RTCW_SGWT_MOD_v1.7.zip" to a neutral folder (NOT the IORTCW installation folder).
- Copy the content of the sub folder "IORTCW" into your RTCW installation folder.
* How to play *
- Start "Play Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player". For IORTCW, use the Shortcut to "ioWolfSP.x86.exe" or create a new one.
- Select "Options" and then "Mods". Select "sgwt_mod" and click "launch".
- Start a new game with the desired skill level.
- The Shotgun will appear in "Mission 2: Dark Secret, Part 1: Village". The drunken soldier in wine cellar holds it.
Playing with cheats:
- Copy the shortcut "Play Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player" to "Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player - SG-Mod". For IORTCW, use the Shortcut to "ioWolfSP.x86.exe" or create a new one.
- Invoke the property window of the shortcut "Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player - SG-Mod". Append the parameters " +set sv_cheats 1 +set fs_game sgwt_mod" to the command line.
- Start "Return to Castle Wolfenstein Single Player - SG-Mod".
- Start a new game with the desired skill level.
- As soon as you are in the map, bring down the console with the ~ key and enter the command "/spdevmap escape1". This starts the first map with cheats switched on.
- To get the Shotgun, enter the console command "/give ShotgunWT".
* Known Issues *
- The Shotgun uses the same 9mm ammo as the Luger and has no own type of ammo (shells).
This is due to the fact, that there is no shotgun ammo available in the RTCW maps.
- A few glitches regarding the single pellet reloading:
1. The weapon switch during the reload process is not always working properly. The reload process can be interrupted with the use or fire key.
2. Sometimes the reload process stops before all 6 pellets are reloaded, although no key was pressed.
* CVars to control the shotgun *
- List of 5 CVars:
+ sk_plr_dmg_sgwt: Shotgun damage. Default 8.
+ sk_plr_spd_sgwt: Shotgun weapon spread. Default 9600.
+ sk_wpn_clp_sgwt: Shotgun clip size. Default 6.
+ sk_wpn_stm_sgwt: Shotgun shot time. Default 1200.
+ sk_wpn_rtm_sgwt: Shotgun reload time. Default 1000.
- To change a CVar:
1. Make an entry in the autoexec.cfg, i.e.: seta sk_plr_dmg_sgwt "10". To increase the damage.
2. Bring down the console with the ~ key and enter, i.e., the command "/sk_plr_spd_sgwt 8000". To decrease the weapon spread.
The console works only for sk_plr_dmg_sgwt and sk_plr_spd_sgwt.
- Hint: The default values are well balanced for standard gameplay. Changing a value can be designated as cheating.
* Developer Information *
The game source code for this mod is in the file "sgwt_mod-src.zip".
For futher information read "!Readme-src.txt".
* Developer Information IORTCW *
The game source code for this mod is in the file "sgwt_mod-src-IORTCW_1.51b.zip".
For futher information read "!Readme-src-IORTCW_1.51b.txt".