Welcome to the Arena, where high-ranking warriors are transformed into spineless mush. Abandoning every ounce of common sense and any trace of doubt, you lunge onto a stage of harrowing landscapes and veiled abysses. Your new environment rejects you with lava pits and atmospheric hazards as legions of foes surround you, testing the gut reaction that brought you here in the first place. Your new mantra: Fight or be finished.
This is the first and last update for the FunMod World of Padman, also known as the PadMod, for the game Quake 3 Arena. It was originally released December 10th, 2004 as a ZIP file only. This patch is not for the stand alone game World of Padman!
World of Padman (Update01)
You have sucessfully downloaded the ZIP-Version of the "World of Padman"-Update.
To install it, unzip the complete archive into your Q3-root-directory and select "use pathnames" in you zip-programm.
Your existing wop-folder should be update with the following files:
and you should be asked to overwrite the "Wop_vms.pk3" -> do it!
You now have sucessfully updated your World of Padman!
- 3 new Padman skins (BioPad, HellPad und SuperPad)
- Pumper: new impacteffect
- NiPPER: new sound and color
- Cap if SoldierPad redone
- the "weapon in sprayroom" bug should be fixed via code ...
- the sliding-effekt after porting should happen less often ;P ...
- added mousewheel-support to some menus (e.g. ingame addBot menu)
- added a small serverInfo-hud (servername, motd, mapname, gametype, pointlimit,timelimit)
- Logos in syc-ffa-team (these should now work correctly and not be reset at a new round)
- Mac problems solved
- g_WarmupReady 0-1 / ready: if activated, the warmup is extended until a fixed number of players are /reaedy.
- a cartridge-drop key (Controls/Misc Menu) can be assign for syc-tp (you will be able to give your collected cartridges to a teammate)
- the Server-Browser got a filter and added a add-to-favorit button
- "gamename" is set to "wop" in the code
- new chat (with player icons) and the chattext appears longer on the screen (can be set via options menu)
- killerducks got more health
- fixed a bug coming up at the combination of follow+sprayroom
- fixed the shoe at the blue Pelvis skin
- Music-menu fixed (now we are able to release new soundtracks)
- Botsupport for all gametypes (only a few powerups and the imperius seem to make small problems for the bots, even some maps have to be tweaked a bit for the bots)
- colored names for bots
- new and fixed spraylogos
- Creditz redone
- following text in Spec. smaller
- new sound in BigBalloon (for Balloon Destroyed)
- remove bots bug fixed
- ... and some small bugfixes
How to use new features:
- set "cg_drawServerInfos 1" to have the serverinfo-hud permanent or bind "toggle cg_drawServerInfos" to anykey ("
bind s toggle cg_drawServerInfos")...
so you can switch it on/off via key, anytime you want (witch a fadeout-effekt)
- g_WarmupReady 0-1 -> server sets g_WarmupReady to a value between 0 and 1 (first set "g_doWarmup 1" !) - 0 means no one has to type in /ready and the game starts immediately and 1 means that 100% of the players have to type it in. By this way, 0.6 means 60 per cent have to type in /ready and so on. Some examples for your cfg:
set g_doWarmup "1"
set g_WarmupReady "0.5" // 50 % have to be /ready
set g_doWarmup "1"
set g_WarmupReady "0.8" // 80 % have to be /ready
This one is very good especially for LPS-Games, because after a map-change, the other players can wait until the rest have sucessfully joined the server. For teamplay it is cool too, if you do not want to have just fun but have a serious game (clanwar or something like this).
©World of Padman