Heretic was the first game to use the Doom engine outside of id. Produced by John Romero in cooperation of Raven Software, Heretic promises to be a great fantasy blastfest in a package! Fight off Gargoyles, Golems, Wraiths and Weredragons with your Dragonclaw, Phoenix rod, Hellstaff and Firemace! This game also introduces a new item system that's become a general must for most games, using with the familiar bracket keys. Items include Wings of Wrath, Polymorph Egg, Chaos Device, Disc of Repulsion, and everyone's favorite Tome of Power, that supercharges your weapons!
--- HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition --- Check the description for more details!
IMPORTANT: THIS ADDON REQUIRES GZDOOM 3.1.0 / QZDOOM 2.0.0 OR LATER TO WORK PROPERLY. OTHER SOURCEPORTS LIKE ZANDRONUM ARE NOT SUPPORTED.
Welcome to HeXeReTiC Fantasy! :D
Here you will take the role of Corvus III, the descendant of the brave Corvus, the unclaimed hero of the Sidhe Elves tribe.
Just like your grandfather, you'll have to confront again versus the evil Serpent Rider known as D'Sparil and all of his followers, and make your way into it with help of your habilities.
Thanks to your powerful physical and magical training during last decades, you feel prepared enough for your task. You got some new powers over time, also with your increased strength and agility, it's a big chance to make D'Sparil and his minions biting the dust one again, and this way honoring the memory of your defunct and beloved grandfather.
It's now time to pick up your new recharged Jade Rod and start now your new adventures!
HeXeReTiC Fantasy is a GZDoom/QZDoom randomizer addon destined for being loaded and used exclusively with Heretic IWAD. Yeah, although at first it may seem by the addon title, it is not compatible with Hexen, but instead it brings and adapts some ported elements from that classic Raven Software game. It can also be used for some external PWADs that modify original Heretic map levels, as long as they don't make some critical changes which alter the gameplay, monsters, weapons and other base elements, because it may conflict badly with this addon. Some PWADs like Heretic Treasure Chest, Call of the Apostate, Curse of D'sparil, Elf Gets Pissed, HYMN, History of Fruit, etc. should be perfectly played with HeXeReTiC Fantasy, and also it can be used with most auto-generated PWADs made with Oblige or Obhack tools!
This randomizer addon has been built mainly from some already existent ZDoom Heretic addons/mods, taking them as a base and adding some improvements and exclusive new features. Most of the used resources comes from the following addons/mods: COTIS Visual Enhancement mod, Heretweak weapons mod, Merciless Enhancement mod, [Hexen & Heretic] Remixed & Remastered Sounds addon and some Realm667 website resources, without forgetting the material coming from original Raven Software games. (See more details in Credits section).
Like all my previous workings, this addon is provided for you at no cost, and has been created just and only for fun. And of course, I DO NOT earn any money from it in any way, not even in the hosting and downloading file action, and it never will be! (That's not my style, you will know...)
LIST OF CONTENTS
- Improved graphic special effects and remastered sounds overall, plus randomizing spawners for monsters and collectible items (weapons, ammo, artifacts...)
- A stronger and more agile heroic main character: Corvus III can pick up more health and ammo, run faster and jump higher than his memorable grandfather, and even can stand for very long time without breathing underwater! (Suck that, Guybrush Threepwood! XD)
- New eight skill difficulty levels: you can choose from the piece-of-cake Sorcerer's Apprentice to the really challenging Supreme Master of Spells!
- A new starting weapon: the Emerald Rod (*). A small, magic emergency peashooter that has quite medium-low power, but don't underestimate it: apart from his precise long-range attack, it can also be used when magical ammunition gets scarce, 'cause its power never runs out!
- Every and each one of the game weapons have their own alternative fire mode, and also even a more powered version of them when you use the magic Tome of Power. Check and try them all! (Warning: they normally cost more ammo than the primary fire modes).
- Available medium-sized ammunition pickups: they will give you more ammo units than small pickups, but less than big ones. (Obviously, what did you think? :P)
- New enemies coming mostly from Hexen universe, so the game bestiary is now more varied and difficulty is also increased! (Also including some exclusive variations, like the Ice Gargoyle and previously unfeatured ghost-mode enemies).
- New collectible items and artifacts: enhanced crystal vials, a new shield type, plus some improved Hexen artifacts: Poison Flechette and Disc of Repulsion. (Oh yes, and a totally new one: the Regeneration Elixir!)
- Special direct action keys: Taunting action (Default key: T - It allows you to make fun of your enemies, but it could alert some hidden ones!) and One-Key-Savegame action (Default key: O - Directly brought feature from my previous H-Project mod, this allows to save instantly your game without having to navigate through GZDoom/QZDoom menu and having to choose and name manually a slot; let the friendly Holy Savior make the work for you!)
(*): This weapon has taken the place of the older and smaller Jade Rod in HeXeReTiC Fantasy Special Edition, although it's not too different in terms of functionality and playability. ;)
*** New features from v0.777 (WIP Release) ***
- Corvus III arsenal has now been extended with a bunch of new and powerful weapons! Get and shoot the mighty Amber Staff, or the precise and fearful Ancient Arbalest, also freeze your foes with the gelid Ice Bringer and much more! Remember, every weapon has two exclusive fire modes, and their power can be increased temporarily with help of the Tomes of Power. Discover them all and raise your dominance!
- New types of ammunition available for use with some of the new weapons: Eternal Ice pieces and Cursed Gem samples.
- Available a couple of new items and a new artifact: Vitality Crystal Vial (increases your maximum HP by 5 units), Legendary Shield (gives you very high protection, but it might wear down pretty fast) and the Ogre Mask (its terrifier effect makes your enemies run away from you with fear, within a limited amount of time).
- If you're fed up of being a humble Heretic with a severe lack of funds, this is your lucky day! From now on, you'll be able to steal some valuable gold coins from most of your defeated enemies. No need to act like a stealth thief, just beat their butt as usual and their loot (if any) will be ready for pickup. Raise this way your earnings and become a little richer than before!
- Automap Mark Spots are now activated, like in classic Doom. Now you have no excuses for getting lost or leaving the map without picking that valuable item you reserved for later!
- Overall visual improvements in some special surfaces (like water, ice or lava). Also some explosion effects have been slightly enhanced.
*** New features from v0.789 (WIP Release) ***
- New HUD is finished and ready to be used with HeXeReTiC Fantasy! :D
- Updated addon file with some minor tweaks and enhancements, and some optimizations for being fully functional with the new HUD.
*** New features from v1.0 (Stable Release) ***
- First stable release! The WIP status has been finalized, now the addon is fully completed and ready to play & enjoy with your favourite Heretic maps.
- Expanded existing bestiary with a new huge batch of terrific and fierce creatures, including big boss and mini-boss replacements:
- A new hostile decoration element: the Cursed Diamond Turret. Some time ago, the most veteran Disciples of D'Sparil had the evil idea of stablishing in their installations and some invaded places a kind of guardian devices to deal passively with intruders, so they scattered several of these sentinel turrets around. So be careful when you encounter them in certain places, they could turn into extra trouble if you don't destroy them at time.
- All the Big bosses (but not mini-bosses, like Iron Liches or Steel Spiders) when defeated will release as an additional reward a special Mistery Chest, which can reveal some cool treasures when opened! But be careful... because here is also the possibility that the misterious chest turns into an unpleasant surprise. So take care and don't trust too much in luck!
- Your collected gold coins are now spendable on useful things thanks to the Allied Mages! These little friendly people will randomly appear through your way, and for sure they will be happy to help you in exchange of making business with them at pretty reasonable prices! So then, prepare your pockets and watch carefully for them. Depending of their clothes colour, they'll be able to sell you different item classes:
- New items available: Defense Crystal Vial (increases your shield's energy by 5 units; if you have not equipped any shield when picking up, a Silver Helmet will be granted directly to player with a 20% of absorbing damage, like the standard Silver Shield) and Raptor Shield (a magic high protection shield which can be spawned in place of the Enchanted Shield or the Legendary Shield; by the way, the latter will give you 100% protection against most damage types).
- There is also another collectable unknown item, but it's pretty rare to find and there is not much more information about it. However, some secret sources have confirmed that this strange object has the power of bringing happiness to its finders in some way...
- The D'Sparil Staff weapon primary attack has been improved doubling its explosion power, and will always provoke electric radius damage to most enemies (there are still some exceptions, like the stone ones). The secondary firemode now can also spawn randomly Allied Evil Conjurers, in addition to the existing Allied Disciples of D'Sparil and Allied Dark Bishops.
- Chicken-morphed enemies are now a bit more jumpy and can move faster (but they'll keep being too much weak to pose a threat). The player's chicken-morphed mode has also been updated with some tweakings.
- Some minor updates and cleanups to HeXeReTiC HUD, which also reaches the v1.0! :D
*** New features from v1.0.1 (Bugfix Release) ***
- Fixed and tweaked some game elements rendered in subtractive mode, that were displaying as weird
shadows under certain GZDoom's display setups. (Thanks to Korell for bug reporting).
*** New features from v1.2 (Update Release) ***
- Included three new hazardous enemies to deal with! Here is their description for letting you know some more about them:
- A new non-magical weapon that could be yours with a bit of luck: the Hunter Blunderbuss! This one is a pretty archaic firearm provided with a double cannon that allows two shooting modes depending on the hunting prey. It can be quite lethal at short or medium range, but might be a bit unaccurate at longer distances. As you can expect, this weapon uses a specific ammunition type: gunpowder. So then, you will be able to collect from now some Gunpowder Kegs to use this firearm and fill all the chests of your enemies with big loads of pellets! NOTE: as said before, the Hunter Blunderbuss is a non-magical weapon, so you won't be able to get it from the Allied Mages (they can't trade with unmagical items), and the same goes with the gunpowder ammo. Also keep in mind that the influence of an active Tome of Power won't affect at all its firepower.
- Corvus III now has available a new ability: the Fast Dagger slash! This will allow you to switch almost instantly your active weapon and perform a quick short-ranged melee attack, and returning swiftly to the previous equipped weapon. A perfect movement for some surrounding ambush enemies, or for making a coup-de-grace to a very wounded enemy and preserving your ammo. Try it, you might find it pretty fun! (To use this feature, you'll need to bind the Zoom action key in GZDoom/QZDoom's Customize Controls menu).
- The defeated enemies can now release some silver coins, instead of (or together with) gold ones. (Note that a single silver coin is worth half a gold coin, so for example if you pick up a small stack of 50 silver coins you'll receive a total of 25 gold coins in your score). On the other hand, some beaten bossy foes could release some rare and very valuable special prizes, so try to not miss them!
- Added new footsteps sounds to player's movements! Depending on the stepped surfaces, liquid ones or not, diverse footstep sound effects will be played in a synchronized way when walking or running. (Note that this feature is still in experimental phase, but at the moment its fully functional and it should work without any problem!)
- Replaced the generic crackling spark sound effect of most projectiles by a softer, less annoying one. Additionally, the ice chunks and boulders shooten/spawned by some enemies make new bouncing sounds on solid surfaces.
- Included some extra alternative decoration elements (barrels, pillar statues, hanging corpses and skulls, stalagtites and stalagmites, etc.) that can be randomly spawned together with the classic ones with equal chance.
- Updated HUD to v1.2 for compatibility with new weapon and ammunition types.
*** New features from v1.5 (Update Release) ***
- The bestiary has been increased with six new dangerous enemies: three of them could be considered as mini-bosses (although they are randomly spawned as regular foes) due to their strenght and attack patterns, and even they are a bit more common than Iron Liches or their enemy replacers. So then, it shall be better for you staying alert!
- The player's arsenal has also been a bit extended to help dealing with the new enemies and already existing ones. Here is the list of the new available weapons:
- The Ancient Arbalest secondary fire mode now shots a sequence of four quick arrows instead of three.
- Updated the Ice Chunk sprites (the ones from exploding frozen enemies) to be in line with the newest made-from-scrath sprites provided in most recent GZDoom releases.
- Now the organic green Pods will release some more goo particles when being hit or exploded. At same time, these particles will fade out more gently than in classic Heretic game.
- Improved the GZDoom/QZDoom Special Keys menu section: now the Fast Dagger slash (quick attack) key is directly bindable from it, instead of the conventional Zoom key binding method. (Default key: F) [Thanks again to Korell for his help on implementing this feature in a better way!] :)
- Updated HUD to v1.5 for compatibility with newer weapons.
- Some other minor tweakings and bugfixes.
*** New features from v1.7 (Update Release) ***
- Bestiary has grown again with three new fearsome enemies, plus a couple of ominous final bosses! And yeah, keep in mind that they are not going to make things easy for you... Absolutely not. So, do you wanna know more about them? Of course, just keep reading and take note carefully:
- Player's magic arsenal has gained a couple of ultimate weapons, which now occupy the highest position of the sixth and seventh slots. However, these might not be easy to find around there, you will require some luck or enough gold coins to be spent, but once you get one of them (or even better, both of them) a lot of fun is guaranteed. Here you have more details about these new weapons:
- Removed the obsolete (and rather buggy) player's footsteps system, because it has been improved by an external addon that can be loaded in conjunction with HeXeReTiC Fantasy (check the HFOOTSTEPS_V4.5.PK3 included with the download pack). [Credits to The Zombie Killer, the original author of the addon].
- Some of the existing decorative light sources (like Chandeliers, Fire Braziers, Serpent Torches and Wall Torches) could be spawned randomly turned off, that is, with their fire extinguished. (This adds more variety on map levels, at the same time you could get a small increase in performance, specially on some huge areas).
- Reduced a little the trigger speed of the Powder Pistol in both firemodes, to preserve a bit more gunpowder on weapon's refiring action than before.
- Converted the HeXeReTiC Fantasy's PWAD file and the HUD's PK3 file into the more compact PK7 format. Also, the HUD has been updated to v1.7 for compatibility with the new weapon types.
- Some minor changes, bugfixes and code optimizations.
*** New features from v1.7.2 (Bugfix & Update Release) ***
- Fixed a small bug related to Golden Armor Knight enemy, which was erroneously inheriting the Silver Armor Knight's slower walking behaviour when chasing the player around.
- Fixed another weird bug related to Inferno Succubus and Gorgon's respective second forms, both of them were returning to their special spawning states when they managed to kill the player, instead of remaining inactive.
- Removed an incorrect, obsolete alternative death state of D'Sparil's first form (riding his Chaos Serpent) related to one of the player's inventory secret item.
- New hostile decoration element available: the Killer Plant! A bunch of carnivorous flower samples from the deep jungle that suffered a magic mutation by hand of some unknown crazy witches, and after a short time they were brought to Parthoris realm by D'Sparil's minions... a really bad idea. And for you, one more obstacle to face or avoid, depending on your battle situation. Just a few helpful tips: do NOT get too near of these overgrown maneaters, or you might become their supper! Also, you should avoid their spitted fire bolts at any cost. (Additional note: not all potted plants will be unfriendly, some specimens might still prefer eating small flying bugs).
- From now, most enemies can now release randomly some rare Rough Crystals, a kind of precious stones that might become very valuable at the time of filling your empty pockets. Unfortunately, they are actually much less common than one would wish. However, there must be some way to force your enemies to release more of these rewarding wealth items than under normal circumstances... ;)
- Some other minor changes and bugfixes.
*** New features from v1.7.5 (Bugfix & Update Release) ***
- Introduced a new and powerful non-magical weapon: the Gatling Cannon! Actually, this arcane firearm is one of the most modern chaingun's forerunner, disegned and prototyped by an unknown group of elven wisemen some time ago, and thus it may be rare to find around... But once you manage to get one, you will be able to perforate and tear apart every enemy in a quite satisfying way, even all those harder ones! Primary firemode shoots bullets at standard speed, and secondary firemode attacks with twice as fast firespeed, although with less accuracy. And like the Powder Pistol and the Hunter Blunderbuss, it is mandatory using gunpowder to make it usable.
- Gunpowder ammunition's maximum capacity has been increased by 2x, since the new Gatling Cannon costs high amounts of ammo when used actively. (From 150 to 300 ammo units, and 300 to 600 if you pick up a Bag of Holding). Also, a new hefty item is now available to collect: the Gunpowder Barrel, very similar to the existing Gunpowder Kegs, but larger, and obviously it will be very helpful to fill faster your gunpowder ammo reserves.
- A new secret artifact is now available to collect, but it might be hard to find and only lucky ones will have a chance to get it. Sadly there's no more reliable info about, but actually there are rumors claiming that this hidden item type gives its possessor an incredible and special magic ability to attack his opponents... [Ultra-secret extra tip: a variant of this special artifact is also featured on my previous Doom game mod!] ;)
- Now some Allied Mages can sell you both types of secret artifacts, although at a fairly high price. So if you're not lucky enough to find them around, at least don't forget to pick up coins and treasures from your enemies as much you can, for having a chance to get them this alternative way!
- Updated the HUD to v1.7.5 for compatibility with the new Gatling Cannon weapon.
- Minor bugfixes and tweakings.
*** New features from v184.108.40.206 (Bugfix Release) ***
- Fixed a bug with the Elven Wand weapon under the Tome of Power's influence, which was wrongly taking advantage of unlimited ammo in secondary fire mode. [Thanks to Qweklain for bug reporting].
*** New features from Special Edition (Latest Stable Release) ***
- Replaced completely the old Jade Rod as player's starting weapon by the new and upgraded Emerald Rod. This magical wonder has practically the same attack patterns like its predecessor, but it is able to shoot slightly faster, at the same time it is a bit more powerful. And yes, it doesn't require any type of ammunition either! :)
- Available two new sneaky enemies: the Small Rat and the Chaos Cube! The Small Rats are little wild critters that are quite hungry for elfish flesh, and because of its small size, they only will be able to nibble you at your own feet (so they are more of a nuisance than anything). Regarding the Chaos Cubes, here is a pretty interesting story about them: these large hexahedrons that were created some time ago by powerful wizard elves, who sought out to create a kind of magical bombs by storing massive amount of mystical energies inside them. (Something similar to Pandora's Box, in fact). While they were not able to create the weapon they were attempting to make, they created instead something more unique. It is said that the amount of energy stored inside these chaotic boxes is pretty unstable, what makes them have quite erratic movements while they float around, and also they can fire a variety of elemental magic projectiles. So then, you better be careful with them!
- Included some extra sprites to show Corvus III's crouch state in a more fancy way than the older Y-asis shrink method (you can see this change more clearly switching to Chasecam Mode).
- Now you will start your adventures equipping a Crusader Shield instead of the classic and weaker Silver Shield, for having some additional protection against the first enemy hordes.
- Some weapon attacks and projectiles have been revised and updated to make a bit more damage than in previous releases.
- Corrected a bug related to the Portable Torch artifact, that previously was provoking some serious performance issues when GZDoom/QZDoom's Dynamic Lights were activated, resulting in a pretty high drop frame rate on certain game conditions.
- The HeXeReTiC HUD has now been merged into the addon's main file, so it is no longer necessary to load it separately. Also, it has been updated for compatibility with the new Emerald Rod weapon.
- Changed and replaced partially the default Heretic fonts; from now the addon has a more stylized and gothic font type (courtesy of Jimmy's Gargoyle Wing Style Fonts pack).
- Replaced the simple Automap vector arrow (the one that depicts the player) by M8f's Arrow Corner, which has a quite better visible direction than the old GZDoom/QZDoom one.
- Some minor bugfixes, tweakings and code optimizations.
CREDITS LIST (MAY BE INCOMPLETE)
- COTIS Visual Enhancement mod & Merciless Enhancement mod by: Expect No Mercy
- Heretweak weapons mod by: Baratus
- [Hexen & Heretic] Remixed & Remastered Sounds addon by: Aethun
- Additional Heretic remastered sound effects by: PerKristian & Raven Software
- Heretic sprite fixes and Widescreen-friendly graphics by: Marphy Black
- Medium-sized ammo pickups for classic weapons by: Dreadopp (Realm 667)
- Hexen enemies and artifact sprites by: Raven Software
- Crusader Shield sprite & code by: MagicWazard (Realm 667)
- Regeneration Elixir sprite & code by: Tormentor667 & BlueShadow (Realm 667)
- Holy Savior sprites taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Fiery Crystal sprites by: Evil Space Tomato (Realm 667)
- Amber Staff sprites by: Mor'ladim & NeoWorm (Realm 667)
- Ancient Arbalest sprites by: ETTiNGRiNDER (Realm 667)
- Ice Bringer sprites by: Raven Software & Eriance (Realm 667)
- Death Scepter sprites by: CodenniumRed (Realm 667)
- Vampire Crosier sprites by: Eriance (Realm 667)
- D'Sparil Staff sprites by: Raven Software & Ichor (Realm 667)
- Vitality Crystal Vial sprites by: Raven Software
- Legendary Shield sprite taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Ogre Mask sprites by: Captain Toenail (Realm 667)
- Silver Coins, Gold Coins & Gold Coin Chest sprites by: Rogue Entertainment
- Updated Ice Gargoyle sprites by: Raven Software
- Dark Gargoyle sprites by: Raven Software & Virtue (Realm 667)
- Toxogargos sprites by: Monolith Productions
- Toxogargos sounds by: Raven Software
- Stone Golem sprites & sounds by: Raven Software
- Magma Monster sprites by: Virtue & CodenniumRed (Realm 667)
- Magma Monster sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Undead Archer sprites by: CodenniumRed & Ravagefox (Realm 667)
- Undead Archer sounds by: Raven Software
- Evil Conjurer sprites by: MagicWazard & Gothic (Realm 667)
- Evil Conjurer sounds by: Raven Software
- Hoarfrost Dog sprites by: Monolith Productions & Eriance (Realm 667)
- Hoarfrost Dog sounds by: ID Software & Raven Software
- Silver Armor Knight & Golden Armor Knight sprites by: Raven Software & Bullfrog (Realm 667)
- Silver Armor Knight & Golden Armor Knight sounds by: ID Software
- Steel Spider sprites by: FreeDoom Project Team
- Steel Spider sounds by: Raven Software & Rogue Entertainment
- Underworld Paladin sprites by: Raven Software & Eriance (Realm 667)
- Underworld Paladin sounds by: FreeDoom Project Team
- Inferno Succubus sprites by: YuraoftheHairFan (Realm 667)
- Inferno Succubus sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Cursed Diamond Turret sprites by: Hexx & Captain Toenail (Realm 667)
- Cursed Diamond Turret sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Mistery Chest sprites by: Raven Software & Blue Shadow (Realm 667)
- Mimic sprites & code by: Hexereticdoom
- Mimic sounds by: FreeDoom Project Team
- Allied Mage sprites by: Skyraidstar
- Allied Mage sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Defense Crystal Vial sprites by: Raven Software
- Raptor Shield sprites by: Raven Software
- ???? #1 (unknown secret item)(**) sprites by: Raven Software
- Battler Lizardman sprites by: Rolls (Realm 667)
- Battler Lizardman sounds by: Raven Software
- Razorslasher sprites & sounds by: Raven Software
- Razorslasher's projectile sprites by: Hexereticdoom
- Betrayer Elf sprites by: Tormentor667 & NeoWorm (Realm 667)
- Betrayer Elf sounds by: Raven Software
- Hunter Blunderbuss sprites by: Monolith Productions & Batandy
- Hunter Blunderbuss sounds by: PerKristian & FreeDoom Project Team
- Gunpowder Keg ammunition sprites taken from Hexen game, edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Fast Dagger slash sprites by: Exhumed & Xim (Realm 667)
- Several alternative decoration elements by: Blasphemer Project Team
- Skeleton sprites by: 00_Zombie_00 & Sir Squidly (Realm 667)
- Skeleton sounds by: Bethesda Softworks & Daggerfall (Realm 667)
- Dark Mercenary, Dark Crusader and Dark Warlock sprites by: Raven Software
- Dark Mercenary, Dark Crusader and Dark Warlock sounds by: FreeDoom Project Team
- Armored Beast sprites taken from Duke Nukem 3D game, edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Armored Beast sounds by: Blizzard Entertainment
- Powder Pistol sprites by: Monolith Productions
- Powder Pistol sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Cultist Belly-Bow & Sleetfall Rod sprites by: OSJC Latchford
- Scourge Wand sprites by: Eriance & CodenniumRed (Realm 667)
- New Ice Chunk sprites taken from GZDoom's internal PK3 file, edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Grosshopper sprites by: Raven Software & WhiteMagicRaven
- Grosshopper sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Vermin Viper sprites & sounds by: Raven Software
- Blizzard Fiend sprites & sounds by: 3D Realms
- Gorgon sprites by: ID Software & SunMadcat
- Gorgon sounds by: Raven Software & Jaeden (Realm 667)
- Traitor Dark Elf sprites by: HorrorMovieGuy (Realm 667)
- Traitor Dark Elf sounds by: Raven Software
- Steelfeather Rod sprites by: Raven Software & NeoWorm (Realm 667)
- Steelfeather Rod sounds taken from Ryuhi's Heretical Doom addon, edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Sunlight Cane sprites by: Raven Software, NeoWorm & Eriance (Realm 667)
- Sunlight Cane sounds by: CAPCOM & Runic Games
- Original Footsteps addon by: The Zombie Killer
- Killer Plant & Fake Killer Plant sprites by: Raven Software & Dolphman
- Killer Plant sounds by: Raven Software & FreeDoom Project Team
- Rough Crystal sprites by: Oni1ink
- Rough Crystal pickup sounds taken from unknown source(*), edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Gatling Cannon sprites by: Monolith Productions
- Gatling Cannon sounds by: Zer0
- Gunpowder Barrel ammo sprite taken from Hexen game, edited by: Hexereticdoom
- ???? #2 (unknown secret item)(**) sprites by: The Skulltag Team
- ???? #2 (unknown secret item)(**) magic aura sound taken from DBZ series, edited by: Hexereticdoom
- Emerald Rod sprites by: OSJC Latchford
- Small Rat & Chaos Cube sprites & code by: NeoWorm & DoomedArchvileDemon (Realm 667)
- Small Rat sounds by: FreeSounds
- Chaos Cube sounds by: Raven Software
- Corvus III's crouch sprites by: PaganRaven
- Gargoyle Wing and Gargoyle Wing Small style fonts by: Jimmy
- Custom Automap Player Arrow by: M8f
If there are still some missing credits to anyone, please just send me a PM or contact me by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(*): Do you know who is the original author from this/these? Please tell it to me!
(**): You will need to play with the addon to reveal this item! ;)
Hope you enjoy your Heretic adventures with HeXeReTiC Fantasy!
Have fun and a nice Doomsday... ;)