Haktoria is a Free Software data replacement project for the Hexen II GPL source code. It aims to not "suck" in ways the original game did.
- Hammer of Thyrion engine is used (for Mac/Windows/Linux/DOS versions)
- 256x256 texture size max. No odd texture sizes, only power of 2
- MDL file format for models, SPR for sprites, WAV for sounds, BSP for maps, LMP for 2d graphics lump, WAD for map textures
- Models not exceeding 800 triangles, unless they're a big monster and/or a boss.
- 256 colors, however with a more colorful color palette
- 'Portals' and 'hworld' will also be covered.
- Higher poly MD3 models and larger TGA/PNG textures are allowed (for modern source ports), but won't be included with the main data pak file but in a seperate pk3 addon.
- 22khz/44khz sound effects, rather than 11025hz everything
- Monsters will NOT be sparse and give the game a boring feel.
- A 'classic' mode may be done in the future, for dumber enemies (good for cooperative play) and balanced, classic-style weapons and movement, and no RPG grinding elements.
- Art direction will be anime-style for character and weapon design in a palette and lighting level similar to the first two games.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Did you know about Ravenhurst?
i think the english site for haktoria might be broken i get errors when trying to check it out, japanese one works fine though (i think its japanese)
yeah the english site broke during the server move for some reason
oh and i still can't commit. AND I HAVE STUFF TO COMMIT =(((
ah something up with svn?
also, anything i can do to help? schools letting up and i'd like to try and get on some programming / game making projects and such over the summer. ( i'm a noob in almost all areas though, but i'll do my best to learn! ).
considering i am the only modeler and no one's interested in mapping and I plain suck at mapping maybe one of the two.
Recieved my working project folder
glad to hear the project isn't dead, looks like it could turn out to be a very interesting game
BTW NOT ABANDONED it's just on another hd!!! and I can't commit stuff to svn right now because server etc.
ugh! sux bad graphics!, the draw looks kind of good but this graphics is...HORRIBLE!
no your mom
you're bad graphics