This game was made by Codemasters, the creators of the TOCA/Race Driver series. Race Driver: GRID is an arcade / tarmac racing simulator consisting of 43 cars. However, two Ferrari's were removed before launch,along with a posche 911 GT3 which could still be driven by obtaining contracts but not actually bought, creating a problem for 360 players who are seeking the "Drive Them All" achievement. The game features an Instant Replay feature which allows the player to rewind time by up to 10 seconds as many times as the player wants to. There is also a Flashback feature, which can only be used for a limited number of times of which is determined by the difficulty setting. There are several modes of competition using various cars, including: GT races, open wheel races, demolition derbies, etc. There are also several tracks derived from different countries, including Japan, United States and European tracks such as Le Mans and Spa Francorchamps.
Version 3.0 adds many variations of tracks to Grid World events and greatly increasing aggression and courage of AI opponents. Tweaked drivers offers (+25% to goal money, -15 to starting money).
Increase eBay of buy and sell costs diversity. Selling cost of cars directly without eBay decreased.
v3.0 event changes
ARL Pro F3 event has increased number of competitions, add long Washington, short Detroit and San Fran tracks to event bag.
Many touring cars events have many city circuits added.
You need game patched to version 1.3
Copy all files from the archive into the game directory. Make backup and overwrite the existing.Closer info
Check article about principles of life career mod.
- Racers have better reputation
- You now can drift at lower speeds
- 24 Hours le Mans modified, *see notes*
- Money reward for team standing increased
- Better/more realistic system of technical failures and braking mistakes of AI racers
- Cars are much more expensive, you have to use eBay for selling and buying. You have to chose events and cars wisely
- Team mates costs increased. You have to chose team mates wisely
- Almost all events consist of more races
- Money rewards for winning event increased
- Increased 1st, 2nd and 3rd money rewards in events
- Reputation levels for obtaining new licenses increased. You have to win aproximately 8-9 events to get enought reputation to progress
- Head 2 head races money rewards doubled
- Almost all races consist of more laps, expecialy endurance disciplines
- Sponzors money rewards halfed to avoid money rush on low level events
- Sponzors with target"No damage"modified"pays more. No damage +10%; no damage+place +20%
- All drift races are tougher, except Potenza downhill festival
- Driver offers money rewards for accomplishing targets doubled, in some cases tripled (last of every rokie DO targets)
- AI racers are more human-like, they do more mistakes under stress, use diferent racing lines and draft
- Wreckages stills on track longer in some situations
- Starting places changed, it is more randomly and more difficulty balanced
- Reputation reward system for assists (manual transmission, difficulties...) modified. You have to play only PRO MODE!
- Prestige class cars hangling increased, they are less spin-like and get new unique handling model
- Starting car changed
- Starting money need increased
- Buyable Porsche 911
- Added more cars to chose from in some events
- One of GT2 events in J-Speed Super Two has been changed to LMP2 event. It was too difficult with GT2 car + avoiding Japan license rush24 hours le Mans
- Every season is closed by race on town track instead of 24 hours on De La Sarte circuit
- Starting positions inverted ***removed since 1.00
- Model of track depends on players' car class
- Race time decreased
- It's only in career mode, 24 hours le Mans in RaceDay mode and driver offer wasn't changedKnown bugs
Michigan demolition derby event tracks displayed wrong names > No gameplay impact
During J-Speed Super Two LMP2 event AI cars can change textures > No gameplay impactRecommendations
Play on PRO MODE
At the begining race with Formula Jedi, get sponzors, then sell Jedi and buy Jupiter, get another sponzors, then sell Jupiter and get money for some multievent useable car rush for any of level 2 license. Hire teammate -> double sponzor money
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.