Forum Thread
Your MOTY 2006 thoughts. (Forums : Mod of the Year Awards : Your MOTY 2006 thoughts.) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

So the show was sweet the MOTY rocked.
Whats your thoughts on this years mod of the year?

Darkcraft
Darkcraft Flagrantly Mediocre
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

How did those BF2 mods win? I own BF2, but I have hardly heard of those two mods that won.

It was nice to see Blockstorm winning something!

--

zenarion wrote: Yes i am a faggot

May or may not be taken out of context.

stroggoff
stroggoff Praetorian
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

I haven't played any of the battlefields. If I ever get to play BF2, I'll give the Point of Existence: 2 mod a shot. It looks interesting from the shots.

I do have one burning question for the MOTY aftermath.
Will we- the rest of the top 100 mods' modders- get to see where our mod ended up in a final scoreboard ?

--

]------------------------o---------------------[
Try the Max Payne@University mod!
It's a possible background story on Max, and a tale of his late university years set on real life locations!
We've spent 3 years to build it, you have the privilege to destroy it!

Faizu
Faizu Satanist
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Nice to see that AOM managed to be famous in moddb and the gaming world.

I suppose that I am not match for Rumpel's superior ability, after all.

--

User Posted Image

Born In Japan and raised in Singapore. Evil is good.

Hopes to be a professional mod maker one day.

BrotherLaz
BrotherLaz Do Not Feed
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

A D2 mod won 'RPG mod of the year'. About time our little kingdom got some attention too. ;)

The fact that this is a smaller auteursmod instead of some big monolith like Zy-El or Eastern Sun is even better. Maybe more people will look into D2 mods now, instead of dismissing them as just another way to cheat on single player.

--

Median 2008
Diablo II - Mods by Brother Laz
Homepage
ModDB page

Jan 25 2007 Anchor

BrotherLaz wrote: A D2 mod won 'RPG mod of the year'. About time our little kingdom got some attention too. ;)

The fact that this is a smaller auteursmod instead of some big monolith like Zy-El or Eastern Sun is even better. Maybe more people will look into D2 mods now, instead of dismissing them as just another way to cheat on single player.

I've been always pushing Median 2008. I hope you read this. You guys are doing awesome things. ;)

The MOTY 2006 had some pretty good surprises. I enjoyed seeing that the top dog wasn't a Half-Life 2 mod. That isn't to say that there were ones that were very deserving of the award, but it just goes to show that the love in the modding community spreads farther than that. Keep your eyes open later tonight as we announce the EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARDS!

Also, too bad I couldn't stick around for the radio show. It was late, and both my roommate and I needed our sleep. I did contribute to both the Most Anticipated and MOTY videos, but I sound like I'm about to fall asleep. :P Catch my 10 seconds on Blue's radio show for a better listen. ;)

Edited by (in order): Karuto, Karuto

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Sallycin
Sallycin Mystical
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Lol, I fell asleep before the show as well. Anyways, the results were interesting, and that's a good thing. I was so glad to see that that everything wasn't simply awarded to HL2 and UT mods.

--

Jan 25 2007 Anchor

I'd be surprised if it a UT2k4 mod did win. There were only 4 of them in the Top 100. lol :)

--

Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Darkcraft wrote: How did those BF2 mods win? I own BF2, but I have hardly heard of those two mods that won.

Maybe you just haven't been reading the right forums ? :)
I think it is a sign that BF2 has matured as a modding platform. Last year most of the serious BF2 mods were still just getting started up. Point of Existence: 2 and Project Reality are both very solid mods with a lot of high quality new content, original features, interesting gameplay and many players.

BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Since a staff member hasnt said this and many of you who say "how did they or that or "this mod" win", the MOTY is all about the team updating the moddb profile and advertising to the fans of the project "HEY GO VOTE 4 US" and if you got enough votes you were the top mod = MOTY so on.

To tune into the radio show replay click below:

Loudcity.com

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

JoeX111
JoeX111 Tilting at windmills
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

stroggoff wrote: Will we- the rest of the top 100 mods' modders- get to see where our mod ended up in a final scoreboard ?

That's really up to Scott, as he is the only person on Mod DB with direct access to the vote counts. Personally, I don't see how releasing that information would be beneficial to anyone. All it will do is give some people excuses to brag and others, who thought their mod was doing well, will be disheartened that they didn't score as high as they might have thought. Just be happy in the knowledge that you made in to the Top 100.

Karuto wrote: Also, too bad I couldn't stick around for the radio show. It was late, and both my roommate and I needed our sleep. I did contribute to both the Most Anticipated and MOTY videos, but I sound like I'm about to fall asleep. :P Catch my 10 seconds on Blue's radio show for a better listen. ;)

Hey, at least you had an excuse for not speaking up. Everyone else just jumped in with exactly what I was going to say before I could contribute, so I just sat back and listened half the time.

BlueWolf72
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

I uploaded the show and it is gonith :(

Another show tonight 9pm CST same tune in links :)

- Loudcity.com 1000 listeners
- 72.36.222.132:8000 500 listeners

Black Mesa is joining this show

--

Desura Contests Live!

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

JoeX111
JoeX111 Tilting at windmills
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

BlueWolf72 wrote: To tune into the radio show replay click below:

Loudcity.com

Will it be released in a mp3 \ podcast format? I'd love to download it to my iPod later.

Jan 25 2007 Anchor

If you want to find out how your mod ranked in the Top 100, throw a PM to Scott. He said he wasn't going to release the entire scoreboard to anyone outside of the staff due to some problems with the list itself (namely, the fact that some of them are commercial projects), and other reasons why your number might not be accurately reflected. :)

--

stroggoff
stroggoff Praetorian
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Ok I'll pm Scott about it.

JoeX111 it would really mean something to know in which place we ended up. Not for bragging or sobbing, but for the knowledge of it and for being able to inform our fans about it. I also don't believe that the modders are the ones compaining about how the mods scored. It's mostly fans...

It's true though, being in the top 100 is very special, moreso with a mod for an old game like max payne 1 and we are very happy about it.

--

]------------------------o---------------------[
Try the Max Payne@University mod!
It's a possible background story on Max, and a tale of his late university years set on real life locations!
We've spent 3 years to build it, you have the privilege to destroy it!

Spector
Spector WWIII
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Well I don't see how the "fans" can complain since they were the ones doing the voting.

--

snetErz.com - Web Design
Some guy in the space time continuum.

BlueWolf72
Jan 25 2007 Anchor

Files.gamefront.com

--

Desura Contests Live!

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.