Xash3D is the powerful independent open-sourced 3D-engine, aimed for high compatibility with GoldSource engine formats (maps, models, textures, sounds, entities etc.), but with the intention to be an advanced platform for modmaking or game development. Technically it has been built from a scratch, using as totally original ideas, as some ideas from other 3D-engines. Xash3D overcomes obsolete GoldSource engine's limits and provides for you a new quality of gaming experience and modmaking capabilities, as extended map, model, texture & sound formats with higher limits, possibility to implement custom renderers with dynamic lighting and other modern features. Xash3D is the easy-to-use base to play existing Half-Life mods & create something new, impossible with GoldSource. Years of development & testing allowed to make from Xash3D a perfect mix of high compatibility with common GoldSource standards & high openness to creative modmaking ideas.
Crucial patch for Paranoia 2 that fixes a lot of important stuff
Update at 06/16/2019
- improved compatibility with old graphics cards, bug fixes
- fixed IronSight animation
- a few minor fixes
Update at 06/19/2019
- fixed bugs with smoke (Particles)
- caching of already compiled shaders is implemented, it should remove microfreezes completely
- a few minor fixes
Update at 06/21/2019
- binary shader cache now tracks include file modifications
- minor corrections (translucent grass, for example; water refraction)
- fixed fallback mode, it no longer causes the entire engine to crash.
Update at 06/25/2019
- A new version of lightmap support on models (the old one is no longer relevant).
- various minor corrections at the request of our dear TV viewers.
Update at 06/29/2019
- one difference with update_4. In some cases, a compiled map with lightmaps on models stops with Host_Error for a reason not clear to the user. This is precisely what corrects this situation.