Modified version of Brutal Doom v20B meant to be played with map packs that feature custom monsters, compatibility fix.
Updated!! Revision C!! It's the final one this time, I swear LMAO
B.W.O. stands for Brutal Weapons Only
BrutalDoom v20B Weapons-Only - revision C (Final) - Unofficial
Compatible with Zandronum v3.0 - gzdoom v1.9.1 - v2.4.0 (recommended) - v4.5.0 - lzdoom
Changelist revision C:
- harder difficulties do not forbid the player of using cheats anymore
- pain sectors in Black Metal and Realism difficulties should not be affected by Damage Multipliers anymore.
Pain sector damage closer to vanilla
- the HP Bar for target enemies from v21 is here on v20B too
- there was a problem with autoaim aiming at corpses when you tried to shoot at enemies in front of you
- even if the player chooses to re-enable some of the custom Brutal monsters, that won't happen anymore
- autoaim was disabled for Barrels to prevent accidents
- autoaim also disabled for decorations and lamps
- I re-enabled the custom Brutal Spectres once again (invisible pinkies)
I feel like most of the mods out there don't have custom spectres of their own, so that should not cause any major issues...
- Note: not having the custom Zombiemen, Shotgunners and Chaingunners makes Realism difficulty almost impossible to play. For most map packs out there, you can easily re-enable them back, otherwise hitscanners will kill you in one shot. As a saving grace, Realism difficulty in 20B doesn't have Fast Monsters, that was a wise choice. The equivalent difficulty for v21 would be "Hard Realism", it's still there.
Same description as before:
Original link and other releases by me: Dropbox.com
Look inside the "Other Butchering Projects" directory.You can also find pre-configured versions of gzdoom and other ports there like Prboom configured to look as much as the original games as possible, WASD controls, etc.
Modified version of Brutal Doom v20B disabling all custom monsters.
Only custom weapons and most visual effects remain.
Meant to be played with map packs that feature their own custom monsters and projectiles. Example: Avactor.wad, Corruption Cards, Strange Aeons, etc.
gzdoom.exe -file BWO.pk3 MyMaps.wad
>> Always load Brutal first, load the maps last in the chain
- custom barrels are still there
- AutoAim is re-enabled for most guns for better playability in laptop touchpads without external mouse
- Chaingun still has no AutoAim, otherwise it would negate Recoil effect
- IDFA cheat gives you weapons that were not accessible before, like the Railgun, the Grenade launcher, etc. Not sure why these were disabled, they are functional.
- custom blood is still there, but gore and custom deaths not
- custom item pickups and marines disabled
- custom decorations disabled, except torches and light sources
- depending on which map you play, might have to disable a few extra things
Please report if any map pack breaks this, I can provide further releases with tweaks for individual maps
Other projects done so far:
- Hocus Pocus Doom mod for slower computers (tested with 1.20 GHz single core)
- Pirate Doom mod for slower computers OpenGL v2.0 (use LZDoom or gzDoom 1.9.1 - tested in 1.20 GHz)
- Brutal Doom v20B for older slower computers (reduce slowdowns)
- Hell On Earth: Starter Pack by SgtMarkIV for older slower computers (tested in 1.20 GHz)
- Hexeretic Heretic randomizer (re-enabled auto aim for laptop touchpads)
Suggestions always welcomed =D