This is an old version. Please do not download this one.
There is an update! Please do not download this one here!
Revision C (Final) can be obtained here:
It has the following improvements (abridged):
1) fixed Pain Sector Damage for Realism difficulty (new player class)
2) improved autoaim will not aim at corpses or decorative objects
3) the HP Bar hud from v21 is also here on v20B now
>> Old description:
BrutalDoom v20B Weapons-Only - revision B (Final) - Unofficial
Compatible with Zandronum v3.0 - agzdoom v1.9.1 - v2.4.0 - v4.5.0 - lzdoom
Original link and other releases by me: Dropbox.com
Look inside the "Other Butchering Projects" directory.You can also find pre-configured versions of gzdoom and other ports there like Prboom configured to look as much as the original games as possible, WASD controls, etc.
Modified version of Brutal Doom v20B disabling all custom monsters.
Only custom weapons and most visual effects remain.
Meant to be played with map packs that feature their own custom monsters and projectiles. Example: Avactor.wad
gzdoom.exe -file BWO.pk3 MyMaps.wad
>> Always load Brutal first, load the maps last in the chain
- custom barrels are still there
- AutoAim is re-enabled for most guns for better playability in laptop touchpads without external mouse
- Chaingun still has no AutoAim, otherwise it would negate Recoil effect
- IDFA cheat gives you weapons that were not accessible before, like the Railgun, the Grenade launcher, etc. Not sure why these were disabled, they are functional.
- custom blood is still there, but gore and custom deaths not
- custom item pickups and marines disabled
- custom decorations disabled, except torches and light sources
- depending on which map you play, might have to disable a few extra things
Please report if any map pack breaks this, I can provide further releases with tweaks for individual maps
Other projects done so far:
- Hocus Pocus Doom mod for slower computers (tested with 1.20 GHz single core)
- Pirate Doom mod for slower computers OpenGL v2.0 (use LZDoom or gzDoom 1.9.1 - tested in 1.20 GHz)
- Brutal Doom v20B for older slower computers (reduce slowdowns)
- Hell On Earth: Starter Pack by SgtMarkIV for older slower computers (tested in 1.20 GHz)
- Hexeretic Heretic randomizer (re-enabled auto aim for laptop touchpads)
Suggestions always welcomed =D