+++ UPDATED: 2018-10-24 +++ The HUD is entirely based on "Brutal Doom Basic HUD" by Sergeant_Mark_IV. Purpose: Makes "Brutal Doom Basic HUD" (16:9) also work and look good in Project Brutality v2.03 and now also in v3.0-Test.
This HUD is entirely based on "Brutal Doom Basic HUD" by Sergeant_Mark_IV
See: Moddb.com for more information
This is a modification of the 16:9 Version of "Brutal Doom Basic HUD".
This will make "Brutal Doom Basic HUD" work again and look good in "Project Brutality" v2.03 AND v3.0-Test as of 2018-10-24 with the latest update.
It fixes the arrangement of HUD text and images so it works with Project Brutality 2.03's "bigfont" and the new font in v3.0-Test.
Furthermore i fixed the grenades counter and added landmines support.
Also added an icon for the currently used weapon (weapon sprite).
Changelog / compared to "Brutal Doom Basic HUD" 16:9 version:
- added an updated (beta)version that supports "Project Brutality v3.0 Test 1-7-18".
--> fixed various icon/symbol/sprite layouts to fit the changes of PB v3.0-Test.
- tested with GZDoom v3.6.0 x64 and "Project Brutality v3.0 Test 1-7-18".
- use the HUD/Scaling Options you see in the image below. in other words, use 16:9 resolution and use default scalings, except "status bar", this needs to be set to "Scale to fullscreen". More Details at the bottom "How to run:" section!
- added a weapon icon (weapon sprite)
- relocated alternative ammo icon to the utmost right section of the screen
- rearranged health/armor text to fit 16:9 resolutions with the Project Brutality 2.03 "bigfont".
- rearranged mugshot/armor image to fit the changes
- rearranged keys location to fit the changes
- fixed grenades ammo count
- fixed grenades image
- added landmines image
- added landmines ammo count
- rearranged grenades/landmines placement to fit new arrangement
- switched magazine/total ammo arrangement and images
How to run:
1. Choose the v2.03 or the v3.0-Test version of this Mod.
then load this WAD directly after "Project Brutality 2.03.pk3" / "Project Brutality 3.0 Test 1-7-18.pk3".
For those who don't know what this means: The order in which the WADs are loaded matters. First WAD in the command line gets overwritten by the second WAD in the command line. So start the game with a command line like this:
gzdoom.exe -iwad doom.wad -file "Project Brutality 3.0 Test 1-7-18.pk3" -file "smivhud 16-9 PB 3.0-Test fix.wad"
or just download a Doom Launcher like ZDL (google helps) where you can add WADs/PK3s and set the order before launching the game.
2. use "screen size" 11 (Display options). That's one step backwards from fullscreen.
3. use "stretch status bar" (HUD options) or "scale to fullscreen" (HUD/Scaling options). Depending on the GZDoom/Zandronum version.
4. make sure the "alternative hud" option is disabled and set to OFF or you won't see this HUD.
- This is for 16:9 aspect ratio ONLY (resolutions like 1080p/1920x1080). Don't use it with 4:3 resolutions.
- This HUD is meant to be used with Project Brutality 2.03+/3.0-Test ONLY. It might work with other mods too, but the arrangement is optimized for Project Brutality.
- No, I will not make these changes for 4:3 or any other resolutions, -sorry-.
The original author of this hud mod: Sergeant_Mark_IV
Shouts go out to all Brutal Doom and PB lovers!