The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
Release Candidate 1, which means its basically completed and no new features will be added, only bugfixing from now on. Now it's just a matter of time polishing some stuff, adding the last maps of Doom 2 and Ultimate Doom to the map enhancement system, but these things doesn't requires bugtesting.
Brutal Doom v21 is at Release Candidate phase, which means its basically completed and no new features will be added, only bugfixing from now on. Now it's just a matter of time polishing some stuff, adding the last maps of Doom 2 and Ultimate Doom to the map enhancement system, but these things doesn't requires bugtesting.
Compatible with FreeDoom.
August 29 2018 Release Candidate 1 Emergency Quickfix:
- Fixed a code error that caused a bug with the latest version of Extermination Day making the keys not teleport in EDAY28.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Archvile's dead body after a fatality have a clone of the player ridding it.
- Fixed a bug that caused Pinky demons to desync online after attacking a player, and another bug that caused them to
unable to attack players after being taunted.
- The Flamethrower now leaves better leftover flames after burning stuff, they also cause damage for some time.
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomguy to wear it's boots on the wrong feet.
- Fixed a bug that caused first person executions to not count as kills in the endlevel score screen.
- New sprites for the Purist's chaingun, featuring the missing link belts.
- New feature: You can bind a quick pistol draw button which selects the pistol (if you have one) faster. Check control options.
August 25 2018 Release Candidate 1:
- Added stun animations for zombies and imps when hit with non-fatal attacks in the head.
- Several fatalities improved, many new frames added, some new gory sounds, reduced the camera shakeness, and improved the amount and location of blood slattering.
- Improved the headshot system to include more accurate damages for small firearms.
- Better dirt particles.
- Better effects for the Cyberdemon stomp attack.
- Reduced the number of particles spawned by water splashes (exploding the barrels on Doom 2's Map02 for example will cause less FPS drops)
- Fixed a bug causing Pinkies to act weird online. (hopefully)
- Added a better animation for the pinky's pounce attack . Now he stops for a moment before doing the attack, so you can prepare to avoid it.
- Now I am 100% sure there wont be pallete fuckups when playing this with Ancient Aliens or Back to Saturn X.
August 2018 Private Beta:
- Added first version of Brutal Doom's manual. Thanks to Black Metal Chainsaw for making a revision.
- New Weapon: Flamethrower. Rare replacement for BFG.
- Rebalanced Grenade Launcher, added more impact damage (can kill Pinkies in a single hit).
- New animations for the Machinegun's underbarrel grenade launcher. Reloads faster, can be reloaded with the Reload key.
- New blood particles.
- Added Hell Knight and Baron of Hell's crotch pain animation rotations. (thanks to Dox).
- Better shotgun reloading frames (thanks to Tootsybowl)
- Killing an imp with an axe or vertical axe cut will show a new animation.
- Changed Axe's damage from 50 to 90.
- An axe attack will deal 150 damage when the player has the Berserk (can chop a hell knight or mancubus head off with a single strike).
- Tweaked green and blue blood codes to behave more like the original blood (thanks to Cacodemon345)
- Added new lava fall textures.
- Improved optimization on wall decals generated by killing small enemies with the SSG.
- You can cancel the recoil/reloading of many weapons by switching to different ones. This can make gun combos such as firing a rocket, imediately switching and firing the SSG, then switching to a submachinegun.
- When cancelling the SSG reload, when you switch back to it, the raise state will start mid way through the animation of putting the shells into it, making
it much faster.
- Purist can now use the MG42.
- Revenant Missile Launcher greatly buffed.
- Fixed missing Romero head easter egg.
- Indexed all gibs into the sv_corpsequeue cvar. This means better performance for slaughtermaps as you can get rid of gibs easier.
- Added shootable Icon of Sin boss fights for TNT, Plutonia, Plutonia 2, Plutonia RCP, Epic 2, Whispers of Satan, Doom 2 Reloaded, and Alien Vendetta. Still needs some work.
- Indexed all Final Doom maps into the Map Enhancement System. Now all maps features better skies, and will play the correct music when playing with Doom Metal Volume 5 (also released on this date).
- Now all trees and plants can be burned with napalm or plasma.
- Killing a Pain Elemental with a fatality will leave a destroyable and pushable body that can work like an explosive barrel.
- New HUD sprites for the Tank. Now you can see the lower part better, so you can have a better idea of where the base is currently facing.
- Now the Radsuit powerup will protect you both from nukage, splashed lava, fire hazards, and flamethrower splash damage.
- Players can kick zombie heads by walking over them just like in Blood (only works on Singleplayer for performance measures)
- Destroyable bodies now works on multiplayer. Theoretically there should not be any increase in net traffic.
- Fixed lots of bugs related to weapons.
- Added muddy blood pools for both blue and green blood types when falling over liquids.
- Added a key binding (default O) to select the ammo drop function.
- Player's health and armor can no longer go past 300.
- Fixed a bug causing a dying imp to spawn infinite head hitboxes.
- Health and Armor bonus won't respawn in multiplayer to prevent players from abusing it and slowing down Survival games.
- Increased player's resistance to shrapnel damage, so the extra damage caused by barrels wont cause unintended deaths and prevent maps that heavily relies on barrels and voodoo dolls from breaking up.
- Fixed meatshields for all zombies (Still missing a few sprites/placeholders).
- Fixed a bug that didn't allowed the player to rocket jump.
- Added new weapon icons for dual wielding.
- Fixed missing evil marines on A.L.T. wad, and Mr. X on Scythe 2.
- Tanks entirely remade. They were rebalanced, now have 3D models, works both on first and third person mode, and in case the tank is destroyed, the player is always safely ejected Necrodome-style.
- Improved the way some enemies reacts to tanks, like the cyberdemon won't try to unneficiently stomp it, and imps and pinkies wont suicidally run under its threads.
- Zombie tanks code also remade. Now they behave like actual tanks and added weak points on their rears.
- Player can now roll left/right by holding the Shift button and pressing A or D.
- Rocket backblast now working properly.
- Improved railgun wall piercing code.
- New explosion particles.
- Fixed a bug related to MP40's ammo.
- Rebalance: The SSG can no longer instakill Barons with a single headshot. You need at least two perfect headshots to kill a Baron.
- Added a SMG zombie variation that has a small chance of replacing the Shotgun zombie. It deals the exact same DPS, and drops the SMG. This will make the SMG easier to find on most playthroughs.
- You can dual wield the Mp40s.
- Improved gore gut sprites and large blood pools.
- Added new rotting decorative gore sprites.
- Pinky Demons can be enraged by taunts. They will become twice as fast, and will infight with absolutely anything that hits them.
- Any pinky demon will get enraged if it is able to see the player from a very long distance. This change will be mostly noticed on Eday's city maps.
- Fixed the nazis on the wolfenstein level not giving the Purist player ammo drops.
- Changed MP40's sounds to something sharper that sounds more like the real gun.
- Fixed an unintended difficulty setting that made enemies respawn on Black Metal difficulty.
- Changed the purist's smg, now it has bigger rate of fire, spread, and updated sprite.
- Added a cvar to disable footstep sounds (bd_footstepsounds 1 to enable, 0 to disable, can be changed on options)
- Added a special menu for Credits.
- Many minor fixes.
- Doubled pistol and smg maximum ammo pool.
- Fixed a bug on the Evil Marine's death animations that often prevented the exit doors on EDAY06 from opening.
- Increased Machinegun's damage per bullet by 1.
- Reduced the Super Mastermind's health by half.
- Fixed a bug that didn't allowed the axe to be picked up on multiplayer.
- Fixed several weapon bugs.
- Re-introduced the Evil Marines. Now they can either have a rifle or plasmagun and have the ability to jump over obstacles.
- Archviles no longer kills captured marines, instead, turns them into Evil Marines.
- Fixed some bugs necessary for the latest version of Extermination Day beta to work.
December 16 Changelog:
- Archvile's attacks will now thrust the player upwards just like in Vanilla Doom.
- Increased the fire rate of the Shotgun and the Super Shotgun.
- Decreased minigun spread and wind up time, increased recoil.
- New fire sound for the minigun.
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite heads of a Hell Knight to explode, causing a lot of lag.
- Assault Shotgun's reload can be stopped to switch to another weapon.
- Removed a screen effect when taking damage from explosives that caused the game to desync online.
- Rifle magazines gives 30 ammo instead of 10.
- Fixed a bug that caused enemies to scream infinitely when killed outside the player's view.
- Increased damage caused by hook and uppercuts while on Berserk mode.
- Flying monsters (cacodemon, pain elemental, lost soul) now takes 3x bonus damage from shrapnel, making frags and the grenade launcher much more effective against them.
- Restored over the top death animation for zombies and imps when killing them with shotguns at point blank range.
- Now after the eye removal fatality on Cacodemons, the player is able to throw the cacodemon's eye (knocks down small enemies).