The latest update, 1.04, is out!
To update your existing installation, just run your tdm_update.exe file. The download size for upgrading 1.03 to 1.04 is about 260 MB; a fresh download will be about 2 GB.
This update provides a number of new assets for mappers, including mage
and thief characters, new vocal sets, and an improved LOD system.
Players will also benefit from smaller saved game sizes, more
intelligent AI path-finding, and greebo's brand new mission preview
screen (see image). Players can now see details and screen-shots of
missions before choosing whether or not to download them.
The full changelog can be found on our wiki: What's New for 1.04
* Short summary:
- A lot of code fixes made it into 1.04. Expect our AI to behave much more intelligent in complicated pathing situations.
- Savegame sizes have been greatly decreased.
- Thieves, Thugs, and Mages characters have been added.
- New vocal sets "Lady 2" and "Critic"
- The in-game Mission Downloader displays now more info about the mission before download (including screenshots)
- The improved LOD systems is now ready for use for mappers- The SEED procedural content generator is also now ready for use for mappers
- New models, new textures, some normal maps have been touched up and improved
Note: While missions are fully compatible
with this release, you can NOT load any previously saved games after
updating to 1.04. If you're in the middle of playing a mission, you
might want to finish it before updating.