Sven Co-op 4.5 is finally here! With over 365 feature additions, bugfixes, changes and improvements, this is one of the largest releases in Sven Co-op's history.
Posted by SvenViking on Sep 2nd, 2010
Slightly later than expected, but Sven Co-op 4.5 is finally here! Spread the word!
Remember, to play Sven Co-op you need to own Half-Life (NOT HL:Source). To play Opposing Force maps in Sven Co-op, you need to own Opposing Force.
More mirrors available on SvenCoop.com
- While downloading, why not check out the Manual or Changelog?
- After installing, remember to add "-num_edicts 4096" to your Launch Options or server commandline!
- If you experience low framerates, ensure that you're using OpenGL mode under Video Options, and maybe try reducing your Particle and/or Decal Limit under Multiplayer Options > Advanced.
- If that doesn't solve your problem, watch for the Low-Def Models Pack planned for release within the next few days.
- Server ops: RAR available here and here. Run updateoldmaps.bat (and the batch files for HLSP/OpFor Support if you want those), and copy \SvenCoop\fmodex.dll to the parent folder.
- Also note that some people have managed to get Linux SC servers running via Wine!
- Mappers: Silencer has been working on a guide to all the various new advanced entities and entity properties in 4.5. Watch the news for more about that soon.
Many thanks to all the team members, testers and other contributors who made this release possible!!