I am still here you know.
I have been watching this page, and all people seem to care about is GC. In fact, everyone wants GC but nobody wants to help. Go figure...
There is two things I need to say.
1. GC completion is at roughly 95% It is functioning and it is actually quite enjoyable. It certainly adds a fun dimension to this game. I will give a few spoilers.
- The GC defines Galaxies at War. Right now, there is one campaign and it basically is a total free for all against all of the factions. With The Rebels, The Empire, The Consortium, The Federation, The Borg, The UNSC/Covenant, and a NEW FACTION all vying for control of the galaxy, unless you work fast, your military will be dwindled away by the enemy forces.
- With a GC Build limit in place, you must KNOW your faction and how to use them. You can only build so many Assault Carriers and so many Executors...so spread them out and use them wisely.
- I kinda...KINDA...messed with the canonical universe and SMASHED everything together so everything fits into one nice galaxy. What does this mean? Well...Did you know Cardassia is right next to a Halo?
2. I will not be releasing this update any time soon.
You are all saying "NAKED CROOK...WHY!?"
Simple...because I posted news about 73 days ago looking for help, and not a single person came forward to help me. Obviously, as it seems to me, you guys care less about WHEN something gets released, so long as it is being worked on and will EVENTUALLY be released.
When is this eventually? I dunno...
Now, you guys are all thinking "I am going to volunteer to try and get him to release"
Unfortunately, I am not going to play that game.
If you wish to join the design team, for whatever reason, (legitimate interest or selfish desire to get the internal build to put it on Filefront), I am willing to let you join the design team to help me, but you will not be granted access to the internal build with (95%) completed GC. Version 2.0 will be given to everyone upon release, and then those who decided to help with GaW will be kept up-to-date with any future upgraded internal builds (so long as you actually work!)
You might think I am a jerk for doing this. And yes, to a degree I am a jerk for doing this. I could very well upload the completed GC and allow everyone to update. However, I feel I do not have the support of the community with this project. I don't even get a single suggestion for the mod. All I get is the equivalent of "are we there yet?"
Until I actually see more interest in the development process, I will show no interest in your desires to play the mod.
I know there are some people out there (I don't know who you are) that are actually legitimately interested in the mod. I am forced to apologize to you because...well...you are being thrown in with the majority who care very little for the development process. Unfortunatly, I am not psychic, and I simply cannot deduce who is actually interested, and who isn't.