Reign of the Undead 2 status update and features. Server files release coming soon.
After a long time of developing Reign of the Undead 2 has reached beta stages. The serverside files will be released soon, a little while after that an installer for those who wish to play singleplayer/LAN. Rotu2 is however still in development and some features are still incomplete or missing. Right now, these are the current features:
- Complete rewrite. The mod does not use a single line of IW's scripts any more, which results into much better performance. Mod has been tested with 36 players and 30 zombies, completely lag free.
- AI improvements, zombies are faster and move more smoothly.
- Classes redone, much more abilities and better menus and skillpoint system. (wip)
- Infection, players can turn into zombies.
- Purchasable barricades/turrets: barrels, exploding barrels, barrels + mg, turrets and portal
- Much more configuration dvars
- New atmospherical effects
- New weapon system(s)
- Gametype slightly changed, does not go on forever.
- Different types of zombies, each having their own special wave. Some new models.
- One final boss zombie.
- New waypoint placement system (support for regular maps planned) (wip)
- Rotu Blackout, map for LAN/SP. (wip)
- Support for more mod customization.
- Much more...
If you want to try Rotu2 you can join this server, provided by 7th division:
Any feedback is much appreciated!
Some footage of the final zombie, also available under videos: