MeDungeon Games released the new beta version of Ostrich Island (1.10), adding an epic grand finale to the game. Download now!
This version adds the final level to the Ostrich Island game, showing procedural generated in-the-air platformer. The song "All You Got To Do" for the final scene is composed, performed and recorded by remarkable German composer Sven Gerlach!
The game gold release is planned for March. It will add Ostrich customization and multiplayer. After that the game will be available on Desura.
Ostrich Island is the unique mix between an adventure, platformer and role-playing game. Explore beautiful islands, search for collectibles, level up and gain new abilities.
Game web site: www.medungeon.com
Meet the team behind Ostrich Island project:
- Yaroslav Bakh (Finland) - Code and Ideas.
- Sven Gerlach (Germany) - Sound Design and the final song.
- Robin Wood (Canada) - Ostrich Animation
- Michael Lubker and Tearyne Glover (USA) - Marketing and Community Management
- At the end of each level the Ostrich gains experience points and upgrades with new skills and abilities.
- Different types of levels: sunny tropical paradise, storm madness, underground tunnels, underwater craziness and even procedural generated in-the-air platformer!
- Lots of collectibles and hidden bonuses, ones discovered they can be closely examined in the Nest or used for your Ostrich customization.
- Two difficulty levels: "Relaxing", where you can slowly investigate the islands, searching for collectibles with nothing to worry about, and "Escape", where constantly rising water level adds some stress but increases score multipliers in return.
- Global leader board and country scoreboard across all platforms.
- Your score and game progress are saved in the cloud. You can easily start playing on your Windows machine at home and continue on a Mac/Linux computer at office your friends place.
"Peaking Out Of The Sand ‘Ostrich Island' Shows A Beautifully Crafted World To Explore"
[Indie Game Magazine]
"...the whole game is presented in an aesthetic that is pleasing to the eye and actually makes you want to stay on the island at times, instead of escaping."
[God is a geek]
"Seriously, in love with this game is what I am - in love!"