We at Spiral Game Studios absolutely love our community, love interacting with them - and also allowing unique and creative ways to involve them in the development process. We are extremely proud to present our new event called "Be The Voice".
This is a brand new event th at runs until Friday, April 1st, 2011 (roughly a month and a half). This competition will allow you to be one of 10 toggable sets for the "Game Announcer" - you know, the bloke that rattles off phrases such as "Headshot!" and "Multi-Kill!".
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- There will be five (5) winners.
- There will be one (1) grand prize winner.
- All applicants need to record 3 takes of each line - there are 100 lines. It takes roughly 1 hour to record it all.
- Record it all in one file if possible – we can split it up!
- We recommend that you use Dropbox - put it in a folder and share it with email@example.com - Otherwise you can upload it to file hosting services such as FileFront, MediaShare, MegaUpload - or any other one and send the link to the email address below.
- Must be submitted to:
- View the required recording list here:
PRIZES FOR THE 5 WINNING FINALISTS:
- 01 – Voice set including as a toggable “Game Announcer” - Set will be named after you.
- 02 – Free Copy of 'ORION: Prelude' (platform of choice / upon release).
- 03 – Spiral Game Studios T-Shirt
- 04 – Digital Soundtrack
- 05 – Access to 'ORION: Prelude PC Multiplayer Beta''
- 06 – Included in game credits
GRAND PRIZE WINNER
On top of receiving all of that other greatness (below) - the single Grand Prize winner will also receive a brand new NVIDIA GTX 480 1GB video card.
ALIEN WEAPONS - REVEALED!
To continue our update from last week - we are now revealing some of the awesome alien weapons along with the style of them. These were done by Benjamin Boesel - the same young lad responsible for cranking out and perfecting the human style:
KICKSTARTER - ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS TO GET EXCLUSIVE REWARDS!
We also only have just a few days left on our KickStarter promotion. This is another fantastic way for fans to not only show support - but get access to incredible rewards. Based on the package you select, you can have access to rewards such as:
- Custom Armors
- Custom Weapons
- Special Jetpack Particle Color
- Instant PC Multiplayer Beta access (upon launch)
- Signed Artwork
- Achievement named after you
- Being made into a video game character
We have revealed tons of information, trailers, media and updates over the course of KickStarter. We've shown off quite a bit and love to be extremely up front with both the press and fans - so I've included convenient links to some of the major updates we posted. We encourage you to check them out as they are simply awesome :)
"The Indie Dream" Video Documentary:
Support ORION: Prelude @ KickStarter:
KickStarter Gameplay Trailer:
Carrier Reveal Trailer:
Altair Reveal Trailer:
ORION: Project (2009 free prototype) made available on Desura Moddb.com
View the Press Release here:
We look forward to all of your applications! Make sure to sign up for the PC Multiplayer Beta if you haven't already: