Uplink OS is a total graphical modification to 2001's indie cult hit Uplink: Trust is a Weakness by Introversion Software. It aims to bring a fresh look to the game's cyberpunk visuals and a much needed upgrade to its interface and usability.

Forum Thread
Game launches on my third screen, stuck on 1280x1024 (Games : Uplink - Trust is a Weakness : Mods : Uplink OS : Forum : BUGS : Game launches on my third screen, stuck on 1280x1024) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 28 2021 Anchor

I got the exact same issue as this person: Stuck In 1280x1024, cannot go fullscreen with my actual resolution(1920x1080) Thread - Uplink OS mod for Uplink - Trust is a Weakness - Mod DB

I wish there was, y'know, some source code or something so that we could keep supporting this mod long after it has been abandoned. Making the game not pause on focus loss would be pretty cool too

Edit: Well, I managed to make the game not pause on focus loss by opening the exe in a hex editor and changing

74 40 6A 00 E8 7E AB 04 00

to

EB 40 6A 00 E8 7E AB 04 00

but I can't be arsed to go through all the Allegro functions to figure out which one is grabbing the wrong display.

Edit: More info, the third screen has the index of 1, my main screen has index of 3. The 2 side monitors are plugged into the integrated GPU, and the main one is connected to a dedicated one. It's possible Allegro is for some reason treating the integrated GPU as the default one, but the windows functions are pretty much undocumented so I have no idea how it does that.

Edit: After unplugging all displays except for my main one, the game just keeps opening and closing off-screen. And why is music disabled by default? That's the best part of the game

Edited by: araghon007

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.