The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.

A re-invention of the way Homeworld 2 was ment to be played, including planetary combat and solar system combat on a large scale, also includes new inovative strategic tactics unique to each player

Forum Thread
The Serious Mod v1.2.3 (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : "Homeworld Advanced Combat Simulation *H*A*C*S" : Forum : Discussion : The Serious Mod v1.2.3) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 5 2008 Anchor

This is a great mod, I stumbled upon it the other day and downloaded it. All I have to say is that it rocks! With that being said I wanted to point out a few things that I has noticed with the mod, while I was playing, so I'm providing a little feedback, so it'll be funner the next time around.

I've only played as the Hiigarans so my feedback only deals with them (for the moment):

The War Titan and the Battlecarrier
(Some of the coolest ships I've seen)

These ships act a little odd, this just might be the AI, but the ship turns the bow away from the enemy when attacking. This prevents it from using all there guns I have to put them on aggressive tatcics and turn the ships around to do a full attack.

One of the 400mm Autocannons, Mid Starboard I believe, is at an odd angle and not aligned to the ship. Also one of the three ion cannons is firing from inside the ship and you can't target it because it's inside. On a side note regarding the Battlecruiser Ion Turret on all ships that have them, do no damage what-so-ever.

Also the ship model for both glitches, when I zoom out away from the ships half of it dissapears and all I see is a BC with floating guns.

The Pulse Destroyer

Awesome ship, but the Top Front 400mm Autocannon is floating in air.

Single Player Campain

When you reach level 7, you cannot progress further in the game because, even though I can built the mover construction facility, the option for movers has been removed from the build list and I cannot advance.

Hope this helps you out, looking forward to the next release of this mod.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.