THE DARK MOD was once a total conversion of Doom 3, and is now a STANDALONE GAME with the release of TDM 2.0! A dark and moody stealth game, inspired by the Thief series by Looking Glass Studios.
The Dark Mod team has now released version 1.04. Notable changes: Object LOD system, new Textures, Thug and Mage AI, mission preview feature.
Posted by nbohr1more on Feb 26th, 2011
To update your existing installation, just run your tdm_update.exe file. The download size for upgrading 1.03 to 1.04 is about 260 MB; a fresh download will be about 2 GB.
The full changelog can be found on our wiki: What's New for 1.04
* Short summary:
- A lot of code fixes made it into 1.04. Expect our AI to behave much more intelligent in complicated pathing situations.
- Savegame sizes have been greatly decreased.
- Thieves, Thugs, and Mages characters have been added.
- New vocal sets "Lady 2" and "Critic"
- The in-game Mission Downloader displays now more info about the mission before download (including screenshots)
- The improved LOD systems is now ready for use for mappers- The SEED procedural content generator is also now ready for use for mappers
- New models, new textures, some normal maps have been touched up and improved
Note: While missions are fully compatible
with this release, you can NOT load any previously saved games after
updating to 1.04. If you're in the middle of playing a mission, you
might want to finish it before updating.