A smaller download package with just the updater tool, which will install the full Dark Mod 1.08 on a Linux platform.
Install TDM on Linux
- You need the native version of Doom 3 installed and patched to v1.3.1, see below for download links and install instructions.
- Since there is no 64 bit version of either Doom 3 or The Dark Mod,
on 64 bit systems you also need the 32 bit compatibility libraries
installed. On some distributions like SuSE, these are included in the
default installation, but on Kubuntu/Ubuntu you need to install the
package called ia32-lib and all its dependencies. Otherwise, even the
installer for Doom 3 will fail to run.
- Create a folder ~/.doom3/darkmod in your home directory. Mind the dot in the path.
- Download the Linux version of the TDM Updater and extract it to ~/.doom3/darkmod/ (see below for alternate download locations)
- Make tdm_update.linux executable: chmod +x tdm_update.linux
- Run the updater, it will connect to our mirrors and download the packages for you.
- Start The Dark Mod using the thedarkmod.x86 binary in your ~/.doom3/darkmod folder (make it executable beforehand: chmod +x ~/.doom3/darkmod/thedarkmod.x86 ).