Use these files to begin the process of downloading and installing The Dark Mod for Mac OSX.
Install TDM on Mac OSX
(Note step 4 is the same file as mac_darkmod.zip in this download, just rename mac_darkmod.zip to darkmod.zip).
- Ensure that Doom 3 is patched to v1.3.1 RevA (which provides native support for Intel processors): Download
- It is recommended that the "Doom 3" program folder is installed
into the Application Support folder (i.e. ~/Library/Application
Support/Doom 3/). If Doom 3 is installed into a different location then
additional steps will need to be followed.
- Create a folder darkmod in your Doom 3 directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Doom 3/darkmod
- Download darkmod.zip
- Move the resulting "darkmod" folder to the "Doom 3" folder (alongside "Doom 3.app" and the "base" folder).
- Within the darkmod folder, double-click the
tdm_update_helper.command file to begin downloading the latest release
of TDM (approx 2GB).
- Start The Dark Mod using the tdmlauncher_helper.command script in your ~/Library/Application Support/Doom 3/darkmod folder.