The second alpha release is out, hopefully more stable than before! See the full patchnotes here.
Version 0.15 Alpha is here!
We have gotten some great feedback during our first month of alpha, and a lot of bug fixes, changes and additions have been made. Thanks to all that have sent in feedback and bug reports, and thanks to everybody who has tried the game!
A new enemy and an update lobby UI are some of the new features in v0.15 Alpha.
We have experienced a lot of server instability, and the servers have gone down for longer periods of time. A lot of the old crash bugs have now been fixed, but as there still is being new content added, new crashes may very well occur. Please keep on sending in bug reports if you should stumble upon something while playing!
Steam Defense v0.15 Alpha download:
Version 0.15 Alpha patch notes:
- The maximum amount of enemies on the map lowered from 100 to 80. (This is also beacuse of lag issues)
- The amount of enemy HP for each difficulty (competetive, normal, easy) has been lowered from 100%, 90%, 80% to 100%, 85%, 70%.
- Armor piercing bullets for the SMG and the Sniper now cost 350, down from 400.
- There now are 20 civilians on easy, 15 civilians on normal and 10 civilians on competetive difficulty.
- XP requirement for tier 2 skills lowered from 270 to 260, tier 3 lowered from 350 to 335, and tier 4 lowered from 420 to 405.
- The single tesla tower has been removed. (aoe/normal tesla remains)
- Lowered the cooldown for the tesla nuke from 1 hour to 15 minutes.
- Lowered the cost of flares from 50 to 25, and added an option to buy 5 flares at a time.
- Lowered the cost of mines from 150 to 100.
- Grease grenades are now unlocked in the shop by default for arms.
- All supportive towers have been moved around and placed on the same location as some kind of standard offensive tower in the engineering tree.
- Flying enemies now has 15% of normal enemy HP, up from 10%.
- Enemies now have they damage based upon the difficulty level.
- Fixed a bug where the server would crash when a client was disconnected while placing or constructing something.
- Fixed a bug where the server would crash after selling a stun tower.
- The stars indicating tower level, the basic ground tower "gun" and the tesla shield no longer stays above towers when they are sold.
- The projectiles for hunters (mini-striders) should no longer "stick" to models. This is to hopefully prevent a crash bug that oftens happens late in the game.
- The chat should now work as normal.
- The platforms on the minimap now has the right icon.
- Enemies can no longer walk onto platforms, thus can't get stuck on platforms anymore.
- Fixed a server crash that might occur after changing map.
- You no longer lose money when you buy ammo/items with full capacity.
- Adjusting the music volume in the options menu now actually affects the music volume in-game.
Other additions and changes
- Engineers now start out with a wrench instead of a crowbar. It uses a temporary wrench model to make it more obvious that it can repair towers, and therefore still has the exact same function as the crowbar had for the engineer.
- Added a first aid kit as a "weapon" instead of an item in the shop. You can have up to 5 first aid kits at the same time, and it takes 5 seconds to heal yourself. The old first aid kit has been removed.
- Ground towers are no longer slightly transparent, and now have a more fitting temporary model. They also try to angle themselves normal to the ground.
- Added the teleport tower as an upgrade for ground towers.
- Players can now join games in progress as spectators.
- Added a small stool in front of the middle shop in the testmap.
- Added the steam tower as an upgrade for ground towers. This does damage to all enemies within a small cone where the tower shoots.
- Added a Power Sprint active ability to tier 2 in the common tree, and changed the current power sprint to an "Improved Power Sprint" skill instead.
- Added a simple chatbox to the lobby.
- Added a countdown time in the lobby when all players are ready and a player clicked the "Start game" button.
- Added the sand tower as an upgrade for ground towers. This slows down all enemies within range.
- Added a "enemies left" counter to the lobbu UI.
- Redesigned the Bazooka. It now shoots cannon balls, which is affected by gravity. In return it now has twice the ammo capacity, a bit more aoe, and a bit more damage than before.
- Switched the zombie (slow enemy) with the first version of an actual slow enemy: The Boiler Bot.