Stargate: War Begins is a full conversion for the awesome tactical fleet simulator Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. We intend to recreate the feeling of the hit Sci-fi Tv shows Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Our goals are to implement all of the ships seen in the series, and the original Stargate movie, and to release a full single player campaign, with configurable ships, and all the oppurtunities Nexus can provide.
This is a campaign manager I made in a few hours, it's still a bit beta, but I have tested it extensibly. It will allow you to swiftly change campaigns (only compressed nexus_00.dat, not the uncompressed kind)
- unzip the downloaded file
- Place the file "Manager.jar" and the folder "resources" in the main Nexus directory.
By default, this manager assumes that the campaign you're currently running is the original one, so if you are playing an other one be sure to back up to the original campaign when installing this tool.
How to install custom campaigns:
- A campaign in this game is located within two files: The nexus_00.dat and the nexus_00.dap (which is optional).
- when you download a new campaign, all you have to do is go to the "resources" folder (now located on the main Nexus directory), create a folder within that one and name it after the campaign's name.
- Move to that folder you've just created the new campaign's nexus_00.dat and nexus_00.dap (if it existis).