Stargate: War Begins is a full conversion for the awesome tactical fleet simulator Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. We intend to recreate the feeling of the hit Sci-fi Tv shows Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe. Our goals are to implement all of the ships seen in the series, and the original Stargate movie, and to release a full single player campaign, with configurable ships, and all the oppurtunities Nexus can provide.
Public beta v0.11. No previous versions needed.
StarGate: War Begins v0.11 change notes:
- added new ship models: Al'kesh with Cargo, Apophis' prototype, Cargo Box, Seed ship, SGU Drones, Supergate, Wraith Cargo ship, Wraith Scout/Transport
- added bonus content: W40k Dauntless Cruiser (Lance and Torpedo version)
- added new weapon models: Al'kesh turret, Bc-303 railguns
- added new MP replicator icons for Player
- added some missing text
- improved BC-304, Osiris' ship and Traveler model
- improved some effects
- improved docking
- improved big number of star systems
- fixed some efx problems
- fixed Chulak's planet texture
- fixed wraith sonde transparency, movement and death time
- fixed various model details
- fixed Special Command Panel for Wraith Cruiser mission
- fixed crash in How good are you? mission
- fixed Missing planets in the skirmisher
2. Copy the Stargate Mod War Begins Beta 11 folder into your X:\...\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident/mods folder.
3. Copy the Nexus Skirmisher folder to your skirmisher X:\...\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident/mods/Nexus Skirmisher folder and overwrite if prompted.
4. The use of skirmisher: You use it as before, but you have to select the "WarBeginsSkirmisher" Mission Type in the upper right corner of the program for your shields to work properly. IF YOU DON'T SELECT IT, SHIELDS WON'T WORK!
5. The use of the singleplayer/multiplayer mutator:In the Stargate Mod War Begins Beta 11 Folder there are two new files: Mod to MP.bat and Mod to SP.bat. Press Mod to SP to turn it into Singleplayer and Mod to MP to turn it into multiplayer.
6. Playing Multiplayer: You need hamachi installed and you have to be online on one of our hamachi servers. You launch the mod, select join/start multiplayer server and select LAN. From there it's quite self-explanatory.
7. Have fun!