To install first unzip the file (with WinRar or 7zip etc.) and place the .w3x file in your Warcraft 3 maps folder (just like other Warcraft 3...
Update 4 released - important balances, new structures, some fixes
This is a new take on the traditional Starcraft races. The three races have been replaced by three hybrid races with completely new units and buildings. Includes AI variations to make playing against computer more interesting. Includes sounds/voices from Starcraft 1, except for the music but you can easily find the playlists of Starcraft 1 music on youtube (for the full experience ;D).
Important! Only choose between Human (/Bionic), Orc (/Infested) or Undead (/Void Predators) for both you and AI players. AI does not function as it should when it has its race as Night Elf (Warcraft 3 bug).
Current SH maps:
Old gameplay video of the Hunters: Youtube.com
Download link 1: here on Moddb :P
Download link 2 (from Hiveworkshop): Hiveworkshop.com
There are three playable races:
The Bionics - a combination of Terran and Protoss forces
The Infested - a merge between zergs and infested Terrans
The Void Predators - a merg between Zerg and Protoss
- Play with one of the three Hybrids races. Each race featuring an arsenal of new and unique units and structures.
- The focus is more on strategy than micro managment, like in Starcraft 1. Many abilities can be auto-cast or are passives, allowing you to focus on other important things. Also terrain bonuses. However there are still some units for you who like lots of micro management.
- The all new units and buildings enable entirely new defensive and offensive strategies.
- Many custom resources and Starcraft 1 sounds (even voices) have been used to give it that starcraft feeling, while staying under 8mb! So you can still play the map on battlenet and lan.
This map is not protected, you can modify, take things from it and hopefully learn from it. Do as you like.
Credit list: see inside the map or when opened with the World Editor.
The new update for Starcraft Hybrids (SH) is here; version 1,4. It contains some important balances (mainly for the zerg/protoss Void Predators), adds some new structures and some fixes for the map The Hunters. Enjoy!
ps: the maps still need to be authorized here on moddb but can already be downloaded at Hiveworkshop.
* 3 new defensive/support buildings (1 for each race).
* The build time of Drones has been reduced from 9 to 7 to compensate for the worker lost when creating a building.
* Sunken- and Void Colonies now give supply too like non-upgraded Colonies.
* Shocker has a new ability: Blaster.
* Minions now have the Horror passive ability which decreases the combat effectiveness of nearby enemy ranged units.
* Top vs Bottom: the two expasion islands that are close to the starting locations of the players have been made a bit wider, so more room for structures.
* Top vs Bottom: center island (which a bit to the south) made a bit wider so it is easier to capture.
* Island Deluxe: improved terrain detail.
* The Hunters: fixed the victory conditions and defeat messages bug.