Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What game(s) is this mod for?
- Galaxy at War will be made for BOTH Call to Arms and Assault Squad 2. I (Ltmurphy) am working myself on the Call to Arms version while Juju will be working on the Assault Squad 2 version. Of course anything new either of us do will be ported to the other version unless its specifically made for a certain game (IE. Call to Arms first person mechanics)
2. When will the mod be released or updated?
- It will be released whenever we think its good enough to be released or if there is sufficient enough stuff to update it. Keep in mind this mod is only a side project for this team, everyone has their own lives that our put first before this mod. Theres the full version for AS2 and a demo for Call to Arms on the Workshop.
3. What will be featured in the mod?
- The Original and Prequel trilogy, including the Extended Universe (now called Legends),Rogue one and some of our own creations or ideas. We will not be doing any of the Sequel Trilogy so nothing from Ep7-9.
4. Why is it in French?
- Cause the main dev (Juju) is french and I haven't had the time to fully translate it yet. It will be translated at a later date.
5.How do I play/activate the mod?
- The mod is for the Editor only with the AS2 version. You can activate it by going into the options in AS2 and finding it under the mods tab. For Call to Arms it will be under the workshop menu. The mod has a readme in it with instructions on how to install, there's plenty of videos and guides out there too.
6. It says the mod version is out of date.
- Until we update the AS2 version just go into your mod GAW mod folder and open the mod.info file with notepad. Then just change the min/max game version to whatever the current AS2 version is (as of right now thats 3.260.0)
7.How come certain people and youtubers (like Diplex) have the dev version?
- Because they're testers, and no we will not be accepting anymore testers. We've had too many problems in the past with people giving out the mod or uploading it.
8. Can I make and upload my own missions/maps/skins?
- Yes we encourage people to freely make their own stuff and upload it. Just keep them on either the workshop or the addons page and include the mod in the credits.
9. Can I make videos about the mod?
- Again feel free to, just make sure you put either GAW or Galaxy at War in the title and include a link to the page in the description.
10. Can I join the dev team?
- We are currently looking for anyone with good experience in modeling/skinning/mapping/scripting. Again we are looking for people with experience, so if you have that feel free to send us a PM with examples of your work.
11.Are you using stuff from other star wars games?
- Yes, while we do make our own models and resources a lot of the mod is using ripped assets from other Star Wars games (including Battlefront 1/2 (Pandemic), Battlefront 1/2 (EA), Republic Commando, The Force Unleashed 1/2, Knights of the Old Republic 1/2, The Old Republic, Jedi Knight Academy, Empire At War (include FOC), and cancelled Battlefront 3) Let me say this loud and clear, we in no way own or claim to own this content. The models and assets belong to the original Devs and Creators (DICE, LucasArts,Disney,EA, etc), and btw to us (Dev Team) for some models we done from A to Z. We do not intend to sell them or gain any money from using them.
12. Can I use things from your mod?
- Unless given authorized permission from one of the lead devs (Ltmurphy/Juju) do not take any models/textures/sounds/etc for your own mod. If you wish to use them in a private/personal mod feel free to, but we are asking you not to use them if you are going to be uploading them in a public mod. While as said in the previous question we don't own all of the models, just some made by us (Dev Team), we are asking you not to as it takes time and effort to port them into the games.
13. I am having problems with the mod...
- Please refer to the readme or FAQ for some of the most basic issues you could face. If you are having crashes we have a forum section for bugs/crashes so use that. The Call to Arms demo has a discussion page for any problems related to that version.
FAQ will be updated if anything else needs to be added.
See news about the mod : Discordapp.com