This is a TC Star Trek Mod for Homeworld 2 that is currently in Development

Forum Thread
ST-HW20.5.0 - Bug reports (Games : Homeworld 2 : Mods : Star Trek : Homeworld 2 : Forum : Mod Chit Chat : ST-HW20.5.0 - Bug reports) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 18 2010 Anchor

If you have any problems getting the mod to run, just post your error log here!

I wrote: STHW2 Troubleshooting (Windows):

1. Does your shortcut have the right 'target' AND 'Start in' line?
It should look like this (with the ""):
target: "ENTER HW2 PATH HERE\bin\release\homeworld2.exe" -mod ENTER MOD FILE NAME
start in: "ENTER HW2 PATH HERE\bin\release\"
Please ensure that you use the correct minus (not the long dash)!Example:
target: "C:\Game Files\Sierra\Homeworld 2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" -mod ST-HW20.5.0.big
start in: "C:\Game Files\Sierra\Homeworld 2\Bin\Release\"

2. Have you choosen a race?
If not, choose a race in the deathmatch menu! Do not let any entry 'black'.

3. Are you running an ATI graphics card?
This might cause problems with the new shaders. Try 4. or wait for a Shader 1.0 release ;)

4. Still problems?
Try different Shortcut properties:
Add -windowed to the target line of the shortcut.
Still not working?
Add -luatrace to the target line of the shortcut. Go to "ENTER HW2 PATH HERE\bin\release\" and open "hw2.log". There you'll find information what exactly caused the error. If you don't understand it, or don't know how to solve the error, post your log in the our ModDB forum.

Hopefully this helps :)

Edited by: Stargazer42

Nov 4 2010 Anchor

so you want us to post out error reports here?

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

Deleted my post for now. i am going to mess with it further

I had to make a new post because my other one was to long. this is my error log i think?

Fri Nov 19 04:43:29 2010
Loaded Archive: 'Homeworld2.big'
UTIL -- filepath failure, path doesn't exists 'D:\Games\Homeworld 2 Star trek\Homeworld2\data\locale\english'
Loaded Archive: 'english.big'
Uing ..profiles\ for profiles folder
GAME -- Using player profile Player1
Changing from a 32 bit colour depth in winNT (6.0 build 6002), Service Pack 2
Using NVIDIA Corporation's 2.1.2 GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! renderer (Suspected driver is nvoglnt.dll 0)
Loaded Archive: 'englishSpeech.big'
Loaded Archive: 'Music.big'
SOUND -- created destination [ fdaudio ], handle [ 4 ] with [ 48 ] channels created
SOUND -- created destination [ fda streamer ], handle [ 5 ] with [ 8 ] channels created
Build name: The Dust Wars - AutoBuild3569 - Ordered by smmatte
Built by : mrbuild
Data path : D:\Games\Homeworld 2 Star trek\Homeworld2\data
Resetting fp control word.
CmdLine: –mod ST-HW20.5.0.big
do not show again has not been hooked up properly for this dialog. you must give your message a name

Edit again : This websites Forum is FUBAR. For real it sucks azz. please find a different forum to use.

Edited by: thelasthallow

--

Ok i have read the first post with the info that should have been in the readme (in the way it is written on the forum)

I have done everything that the first post has stated and it will only start the stock Homeworld 2.

My Questions that were not answered in the readme.

1 Do i need to fully update the game for this mod to work?
2 do i need to use the icon?
 I put the icon in the data folder like the readme stated then put a shortcut on the desktop. then i changed the target and start line like i think the readme told me to but it just made it a link to the EXE and changed the picture.

i need help bad

EDIT Here is a link to the file/folder and where its at. i clearley have it in the right spot. Oi54.tinypic.com

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

1. I haven't tested the mod on stock HW2, but with v1.1 it will work.
2. No you don't need to use the icon.

The problem with the shortcut is that you need to put the directory (not the parameters -mod ... etc.) in the target line into quote signs ("") - as it is told in the troubleshooting list ;). This is necessary, because you use a folder with blanks.

I agree that the info of the first post should be in the readme, but we haven't thought that the shortcut would cause so may problems, when we released the mod. But be sure: the next mod version will come with a shortcut creation tool that will do all those things for you :)

Nov 19 2010 Anchor

OMFG EDIT!!!!! I got it to work. want to know what the problem was? {–mod ST-HW20.5.0.big } More specificly it was the Dash - ...I copied and paisted that -mod ST-hw etc from the readme and put it in the target line. well it turns out the dash was messed up. it was the only problem. i replaced it with the proper - and it worked flawlessly

Ok well after i made this post i made a last ditch effort to get it to work. i completely deleted HW2. re installed it. Updated it. then installed the mod. still didnt work.

Quote: The problem with the shortcut is that you need to put the directory (not the parameters -mod ... etc.) in the target line into quote signs ("") - as it is told in the troubleshooting list ;). This is necessary, because you use a folder with blanks.

Uhh i dont understand. can you post a screenshot or explain it better? what directory are you talking about?

EDIT: After re reading your seintence like 5 times i finnally get what you are talking about. i already tried that. it didn't work

Edit Again. So you want it like this?

"D:\Games\Homeworld 2 Star trek\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" –mod ST-HW20.5.0.big ???? it wont work like this. it only loads the stock game. and if i take the quotations out behind the exe and put them at the end of (5.0.big") i get an error stating that there is no such path

Edited by: thelasthallow

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

<html xmlns="" />

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

I dunno, your shortcut should work, if it is set up like you said above ("D:\Games\Homeworld 2 Star trek\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" –mod ST-HW20.5.0.big). Please check whether the Big file is at the right place! This is how it works on my PC (the language is german, but this shouldn't be too confusing)

Abload.de

Nov 21 2010 Anchor

Stargazer42 wrote: I dunno, your shortcut should work, if it is set up like you said above ("D:\Games\Homeworld 2 Star trek\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\Homeworld2.exe" –mod ST-HW20.5.0.big). Please check whether the Big file is at the right place! This is how it works on my PC (the language is german, but this shouldn't be too confusing)

Abload.de

I couldent make a new post. every time i went to post a new message it would just Add on to what i had allready said.

I got it to work. all the was that was messing it up was the dash "-" I copied the line from the readme and put it behind the .exe" and thats what was messed up.

Also like i stated in a prevous post this website sucks AZZ! please get a new one. i cant stand this website. its forum is trash to.

--

Ok i have read the first post with the info that should have been in the readme (in the way it is written on the forum)

I have done everything that the first post has stated and it will only start the stock Homeworld 2.

My Questions that were not answered in the readme.

1 Do i need to fully update the game for this mod to work?
2 do i need to use the icon?
 I put the icon in the data folder like the readme stated then put a shortcut on the desktop. then i changed the target and start line like i think the readme told me to but it just made it a link to the EXE and changed the picture.

i need help bad

EDIT Here is a link to the file/folder and where its at. i clearley have it in the right spot. Oi54.tinypic.com

Nov 24 2010 Anchor

i have it all down but it keeps coming up with C:\Program specified in the target box is not valid . make sure path and file name are correct

this it mission impossible u need a youtube vid saying how to do it

Edited by: ephillips2008

Nov 30 2010 Anchor

I have the ATI card problem, very sad.

Nov 30 2010 Anchor

The Klingon fights/corvettes get stuck in middle of map and (when selected for my forces to attack) cannot be fired upon for some reason.

Dec 1 2010 Anchor

Well this is what happens to me I run the shortcut installer select the .big file then when i go and run the shortcut it asks me to browse for the Homeworld2.exe But i do that and it just runs the game normally.
Plz help

Dec 1 2010 Anchor

Could you post the "target" and "Start in" line of the properties of your shortcut?

Dec 1 2010 Anchor

I also noticed the map planets flicker (on my comp) and the federation music stops in the middle of its self and starts over not changing to another song. I know... I I know its a beta version,but just letting you know is all.

Is it me - or do the ships kinda bang into each other when they are forming up into formations? Sometimes they bump each other like bumper cars when they are doing evasive maneuvers. It just looks weird is all.

Dec 4 2010 Anchor

I got it to work but when i start a skirmish it quits out of the game just as its finished loading.

Dec 5 2010 Anchor

I got it to work all the way to the skirmish also and when it was finishing loading the map it shuts down any idea?

Dec 5 2010 Anchor

Playing as the Klingons against the Federation (AI) 1v1 on Qo'noS, my harvesters, one by one, got stuck on top of each other, occupying the same space, right after unloading dilithium. I had around 10 harvesters active, 8 were stuck by the time i noticed it. I couldn't get those eight to move (harvest command, move command, warp) so I scuttled them, thinking that would help (I encountered the same on CnC3, but with APC's coming out of the War Factory). Eventually all the harvesters got stuck in the same place, even the replacements that I built.

Dec 5 2010 Anchor

my computer uses a ATI Radeon HD 4200 series could this be the problem and if it is. is there something i can do?

Dec 23 2010 Anchor

My problem is the same as Abrams---crash after skirmish map loads. I notice there is a repeating beep-beep-beep-beep 5 times before the crash. I have a low end built-in Intel graphics card. Is this problem because of the version 2.0 Shaders not supported by my card? (Regular 1.01 HW2 and all my other mods like BSG Fleet commander work fine)

Here is the bug report which I dont understand:

TheBlackGhost wrote: Homeworld2FX.exe caused an Access Violation in module objects.dll at 001b:00ab23a9.
Error occurred at 12/23/2010 20:19:54.
Homeworld2FX.exe, run by David.
Microsoft Windows XP?.
1 processor(s), type 586.
1014 MBytes physical memory.
Read from location 0000000c caused an access violation.MiniDump saved to file 'C:\Program Files\Sierra\Homeworld2\Bin\Release\12-23-2010_20_19_54_MiniDump.dmp'Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=001b EIP=00ab23a9 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=0012f470 SS=0023 ESP=0012f434 EBP=03a65fc8
ECX=00bd0774 DS=0023 ESI=01231788 FS=003b
EDX=037c87a0 ES=0023 EDI=039fdbc0 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 40 0c 8b 0d 70 07 bd 00 8b 11 50 6a 01 ff 92 Call Stack:
0x00AB23A9: FragmentProgramManager::setFragmentProgram ()0x028015C4: getLibraryID ()

Edited by: TheBlackGhost

Feb 17 2011 Anchor

some of the Klingon small fighters do not destroy ! I force attack and mine -field them and They will not get destroyed for some reason.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.