An alternative spawns and a-life system to revert back, fix and improve many aspects about Last Day.
► Things you need to know before using this mod:
- Compatible with all Last Day versions
- New game is required!, moving from version 1.0 to 2.0 will require a new game as well. moving from 2.0/2.1 to 2.4 doesn't require a new game.
- Set the Population Factor for stalkers and mutants in the options before starting a new game (you can change this option any time you want, but it will have the most impact on a new game, as it will decide the starting A-life population of the entire Zone).
- Check out the the list below for recommended population values.
- The installer will install files related to economy and mutants (it will install vanilla files if you don't use the optional tweaks!) which will allow it to overwrite related existing files. This means you can simply revert something by using the installer itself.
- Make sure to install this mod before installing any items/economy related mods. or some stuff may get accidentally overwrited.
- Don't use mutants tweaks outside of this mod.
- Credit goes to creator of Remake mod, i used some of his assets for new visuals.
This mod covers most of the spawns in Last Day and changes the way the system works, it's divided into two parts so you can choose what you want:
Stalkers A-Life System:
- Stalkers population and locations have been reworked to be similar to CoC/CoM system.
- Squads activity around the zone has been increased, now they have higher possibility to travel across the zone and move into new areas.
- Factions bases in general has been populated with increased respawn rates.
- Enhanced gulag job, factions patrols should roam around more now.
- Fixed cases where squads don't respawn again after death.
Mutants A-Life System:
- Introducing dynamic spawn system for mutants:
- Mutants spawns around the zone has been replaced with a new dynamic system: instead of facing the same mutant or type in the same area all over again, now you may meet something completely different on your way back.
- The more time you spend in the zone, the worse the spawns will get in few areas.
- The respawn time has been increased for all to prevent quick respawns around the player.
- Psi-aura coming from specific psi-mutants inside lab x16 and x18 has been nerfed, just to make them balanced in those closed restricted areas.
- Say hello to some old and new friends: 3 ported mutants from CoC and 2 new ones.
- Many variants have been restored for few mutants.
I included them due to their important rule here. you can use them separately without the main spawns files:
A-Life Simulation (choose one):
• Full A-Life simulation: in default, A-life simulation is enabled only in the current map and the other areas connected directly to it.
This tweak will enable A-life simulation in every location, even if you aren't there. this will cause stalkers and mutants across entire the zone to move, live and act on their own which expands the dynamic experience in the zone.
Attention: Increases the load on the computer! Perhaps you will have to reduce the population factor to 0.25-0.5.
Note: This feature can be enabled in Last Day 1.3 +Patch from the gameplay options.
• Living Zone: Not only It does the exact same job of full a-life simulation, but also greatly enhance stalkers behavior around the zone: squads can travel to even further places and acquire more areas for themselves. the best dynamic experience (Increases the load on the computer as well!)
Note: If you play (Last Day 1.3 +Patch), Full A-Life Simulation should be active from the gameplay options for this to take effect.
A-Life Switch Distance:
The distance at which artificial intelligence in the game enters its "online" mode, which means that it will behave taking into account the presence of the player. When the player is outside the range of AI (beyond switch distance), "offline" mode is initiated and the world will move irrespective of the player.
Default radius is 350, lowering the switch_distance will improve the performance a bit but lower the max distance at which you can see and fire upon enemies will be limited. changing it doesn't require a new game.
If you felt the game becoming easier with this mod, there are 3 tweaks to adjust the ecenomy:
- Rares consumable items from loots & drops
- Less money on corpses
- Harder trading/economy
- Weaker psi-aura for controllers.
- Weaker psi-aura for poltergiests.
► Details about the Values for Population Factor:
- If you used the new mutants system, don't be afraid of increasing or maxing the mutants population cause their spawns has been altered all around.
- If you used both stalkers and mutants new system, it's better to keep the mutants population factor higher then stalker's factor if you want balance between the 2 parts, unless if your wish is against that.
- I advice you to test the values for a bit before jumping into full playthough, just to make sure that you're statified with the results.
Stalkers Population Factor (if you used the new stalkers system):
- (value = 1.0): populated zone / possible explosion (not tested).
- (value = 0.75): fairly populated zone.
- (value = 0.5): moderated population, you will still see stalkers where you expect them to be but their numbers will be lower in general.
- (value = 0.25): low population.
Mutants Population Factor (if you used the new mutants system):
- (value = 1.0): fairly populated zone, good for survival/Last Day aspect but in a balanced way.
- (value = 0.75): moderated population, you will still see mutants where you expect them to be but their numbers will be low in general.
- (value = 0.5 and 0.25): close to desolation.
- Added support to Last Day 1.3 +Patch
- The spawn system now covers all maps
- The mod is divided in 2 parts to give the player the freedom of choice.
- The mod is packed inside an installer for less headache.
- Fixed stalker population to prevent double guards issue (not fully tested on stalkers population factor of 1.0 tho).
- Fixed a case where duty guards don't respawn again (worked for me, hopefully it will work for you)
- Clear Sky and Ecologists will visit Rostok sometimes. not only the Loners.
- Added 5 new mutants to the spawn system. and many varients for existing ones.
- Added new sound effects for a group of mutants.
- Psi-aura coming from specific psi-mutants in lab x18 and x16 has been nerfed.
- Reworked many spawns to fix the lack of few mutants/stakers.
- Fixed an issue of me being a dumb fuck, hopefully there is no more crash issues.
- Added a temporary fix from TRX: Fixed and Improvment to fix the issue of disabling weapons HUD upon looting mutants.
- Updated the files used by english translations, everything is compatible now.
- Disabling (Full A-Life Simulation) option in the installer for (Last Day 1.3 +patch) cause you can enable it from the gameplay options.
- Added compatiblity to the newest TRX Fixes addon.
- Enhanced gulag job, factions patrols should roam around more now.