Is Call of Misery too easy? Then you belong here!
Contains tweaks, additional items and new crafting system for Axebeard's Fieldcraft addon.
This addon builds up on the original Axebeard's Fieldcraft addon in terms of tweaks, new items, new crafting system and crafting recipes.
- updated version of my Outfit Disassemble addon
- FieldCraft Balance Tweaks by bugsysboy21.
- Does NOT require a new game!
- LAST DAY 1.3: There are now two dismantling mechanics in the game - new one introduced by AWR addon and the old drag&drop from FCO. Certain crafting elements like metal plates, scrap, or weapon barrels are only obtainable through the old method, though. I will try to merge it properly in the future.
- Custom Shotgun Loads for Last Day 1.3: Use the included Custom_Shotgun_Loads_COMPATIBILITY folder as an addon (activated as a last one), or merge the contents with main FCO folder.
Addon uses "DRAG & DROP" functionality of the inventory to perform all sorts of interactions between items.
What you ALREADY could do with Fieldcraft:
- dismantle weapons into various spare parts with swiss knife / crowbar / hammer
- use knife to cut tarpaulin into cloth pieces
- use any alcohol to craft bandage from cloth pieces
- clean worn/rusty weapon barrels with steel wool/solvents/jerrycan etc.
- repair the guns using new barrel swap kits
What you can do now:
- dismantle outfits (swiss knife / crowbar) - can drop new items like glass, plastic pieces and copper wire
- use knife to also cut sleeping bags, backpacks, underwear and other cloth items into cloth pieces
- Craft bandage now works with each type of textile sheet
- Craft headlamp: 1. Combine plastic pieces with synthetic rope to create synthetic harness (new item). 2. Drop synthetic harness on flashlight to turn it into headlamp.
- dismantling detectors now always drops proxy device, plastic, and copper wire
- now possible to disassemble IEDs to get back proxy device and copper wire (random drop chance)
- REWORKED IEDs, sleeping bag recipes (based on new Survival guide system)
- ADDED medkit and backpack recipes (also based on new Survival guide system)
- CRAFTING UI: Original item "Ukrainian Special Forces Survival Guide" from Misery has been reworked into an active item with new crafting UI (below). With it its now possible to craft more complex items with multiple components. Survival Guide can be looted or found in stashes as it was before.
How it works:
1. Select the item you would like to craft from the list (the required components show up on the left)
2. After clicking "Craft", the special item "Crafting package" will be created in your inventory
3. Drag&drop place the required items into the package (the instructions are on the package itself)
4. After all items have been gathered, you can "use" the package to craft the final item
- increased chance of item drops after dismantling weapons / outfits -- a quality-of-life change so that the dismantling feels less mundane and pointless and is more rewarding even with low conditioned items
- more variability of item drops from outfits / weapons (metal scrap, metal plates etc.)
- crowbar and hammer are now displayed as 1x1 items in the inventory (for easier disassembling)
- NEW RECIPES: improvised metal plate (new item, weaker version of kevlar plate), army kettle, 4 weapon toolkits (single charge, from 25% condition) for pistols, shotguns, smallbore rifles, medium/large caliber rifles
- new icon for synth harness (now also craftable with plastic+rope)
- mine recipe reworked into a tripwire based mechanism with plastic pieces instead of proxi device
- trash items like walkie, radio, headlamp etc. are now salvageable with swiss knife
- compatible with Last Day 1.3
- restored drag&drop dismantling with crowbar/hammer/swiss
- added barrel swap kits from original Fieldcraft - only working with weapon barrels dropped from drag&drop dismantling!
- added Survival guide to faction traders - also lowered the "buy_item_condition_factor" for these traders by ~30% (personal preference), so they will buy items with lower condition.
- AWR weapon parts, namely weapon barrels, triggers, and breech blocks (bolt carriers) are now compatible with FCO crafting recipes for all weapon toolkits
- New item: Empty syringe - items that are injected as a syringe (morphine, glucose shot, stimpack, etc.) now leave an empty syringe after use
- NEW RECIPE: Improvised stimpack - recipe uses an empty syringe, to craft you have to stand near the fire
- added 1 worn 7.92mm barrel to the faction traders, since 7.92mm is pretty rare and hard to get
- updated compatibility patch for Custom Shotgun Loads for Last Day 1.3 (icons + trade files)
Items currently craftable through survival guide UI:
- First aid kit
- Improvised stimpack
- Sleeping bag
- Chemical based IED
- RPG warhead IED
- Improvised protective plate
- Army kettle
- Handgun repair kit
- Shotgun repair kit
- Smallbore rifle repair kit
- Medium and large caliber rifle toolkit
Example of crafting package:
IMPORTANT: Once you commit your item to the package, you cant take it back!! Because of that, make sure you are able and you want to craft the item before actually placing the components into the package!
If you have an idea for some interesting recipe or dismantling option (something fun and not exploitable), please let me know in the comments. Enjoy!
v1: updated descriptions of barrel swap kits to reflect their new minimum usable condition (bugsysboy21)
v2: added new recipe: Sleeping bag
v3: crash fix - removed scopes as a salvage option for scoped weapons
v4: added Survival Guide UI; crafting with multiple items through crafting packages
- adjusted recipes and dismantling options
v4a: merged for use with Last Day 1.2
v5: salvage adjustments, new recipes, items, icons, QoL changes,
v6: LD 1.3 compatibility
v6b: Fix for Last Day 1.3 (03.01.18) compatible (place FCO on top of it)
v6c: further compatibility improvements (AWR weapon parts usable for crafting)
v7: new recipe, item, compatibility updates