The stand-alone mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly aims to be the most stable and customizable experience for fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. It's powered by the Monolith 64-bit engine, a custom fork of the X-Ray engine.

Forum Thread
Error 8 not enough storage is available to process this command (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Anomaly : Forum : Support : Error 8 not enough storage is available to process this command) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 1 2018 Anchor

Like title. Each 20 minutes or so I get Error 8.

Anyone have same problem?

Jun 1 2018 Anchor

Yes, I think a few of us are having this problem myself included. You can open a report on the bug tracker with more details. You'll need to make an account but it's very quick and easy. It's worth doing, as the creator is very active in troubleshooting and he'll do his best to help you. I'm sure the more feedback he has, the easier time he'll have getting this all figured out.

Bitbucket.org

Provide the following, along with your computer specs and whatever other information you can give.

• The log file with the error message, it's usually located in the "appdata\logs" directory
  • Both the ".scoc" and the ".scop" files for the last save that worked and also the first save that doesn't work (if that applies)
  • The files "appdata\user.ltx" and "gamedata\configs\axr_options.ltx", so that I can use the exact same options that you are using.
Jun 1 2018 Anchor

So I changed DX10 to DX9 and... no crash.

Jun 1 2018 Anchor

This happens because your VRAM gets filled and engine doesn't flush it while switching levels. If you want to keep playing on DX10, you can set texture_lod in user.ltx to 1 and/or download update preview 9 which addresses this issue by optimizing textures size.

In reply to wojola, can you install MSI Afterburner and monitor your VRAM usage? From what I saw on bitbucket, your GPU is GTX 670 which has 2gb and 4gb versions and I believe you have 2gb since you crash so often and as it exceeds maximum capacity - it crashes. As for your case, I would advice lowering shadowmap (-smap) even more.

Edited by: spddqd

Jun 1 2018 Anchor

That's some good information, I'll look into the issue again with this additional info.

Jun 2 2018 Anchor

spddqd I followed your advice and updated my bitbucket post with more info on my experience. The sporadic randomness of these crashes is what confuses me. The game runs like absolute butter for me maxed out even with reshade (I have been using progressively lower settings since I started posting feedback) but can crash at literally any time, any place. I've even had crashes on the main menu, and in 10 years of stalking I've never had that happen lol.

Jun 2 2018 Anchor

spddgd: This is not my post on Bitbucket. But... indeed my card have 2gb (asus gtx 650 ti boost). In user.ltx file, texture_lod was and is set to 1. Also I start -smap4096 -noprefetch. I think I'll wait for update 9, and then try DX10.

Jun 2 2018 Anchor

With a 2GB GPU you may want to try this: definitely apply update previews 8 and 9, set texture_lod to 2, start with -smap2048, use DX10

Let me know if this improves the situation or if the problems are still showing up.

Jun 4 2018 Anchor

So I change what you say... and it crash. But now with error 126 in Army Warehouses.

Also HUD is broken when I change texture_lod to 2 and -smap2048.

Imgur.com

I'll test more and see if error 8, still shows up

Edited by: Mythaa

Jun 4 2018 Anchor

There are some issues with some textures when you use texture_lod 2, that is a known bug. I'm planning to look into it soon.

Anomaly is a pretty demanding mod pack in terms of system requirements. Currently it's recommended to use at least 16GB of RAM, a GPU with 4GB VRAM, and a quad-core 64bit CPU (ideally with AVX support). In the future I hope to be able to properly support 8GB of RAM, a GPU with 2GB VRAM and dual-core 64 bit CPU.

Jun 4 2018 Anchor

My CPU is 6700k an I have 16GB ram. But... yeah my card sucks :P

Jun 4 2018 Anchor

If you want to test something else, use texture_lod 1 with DX9 Advanced renderer. I've not tried it myself, but got some feedback that it might work better on PC/GPU with your specs.

EDIT: If this thread is where I read about the DX9 stuff, I might have to take that as a sign that I should get some sleep ;)

Edited by: seargedp

Jun 5 2018 Anchor

So I changed settings and... error 183. Later, I'll test more and see if error 8 will show on dx9-adv

Jun 7 2018 Anchor

Hi all, i had the same problem, constant freeze after a random amount of minutes to play. Tried a lots of settings and tweakings to understand the cause. Reinstalled windows, drivers, mod, updates, etc... Sometimes log wasn't empty and i could see that "not enough memory to process" error. To be honnest at this time, i almost abandoned the idea of playing this wonderfull mod.
But i keep reading threads in this forum and i saw the sound related issues. So i tried to lower the amount of sound targets to 32 but it did not fix my problem (i have no soundcard, only the motherboard integrated one). Then I lower the memory amount alowed to sound to 64 (sound cache size) and it seemed to fixes all these unindentified crash for now.
I haven't play long enough to be sure at 100%, but if you are experiencing the same issue, this could be a way to fix it.

Jun 7 2018 Anchor

Thanks a lot for this feedback. The new defaults for these settings in update 10 are already smaller than before. 128 sound targets and 64 for the cache setting. In the next update I'll make it possible to reduce sound targets to 64 as well.

Jun 7 2018 Anchor

Thanks a lot for this feedback.

Glad to help. I confirm that mod is rock stable now , i can't stop playing it ! And it is gorgeous, thanks a lot for your work seargedp :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.