by Mr.TBD on Jun 29th, 2010
Sniper Only Mod is a small modification of the (Team) Instant Action game mode. It allows players to fight and frag each other with a DSG-1 Sniper Rifle (equipped with LAM attachment and sniper scope) and a SOCOM pistol.
Sniper Only was specifically designed for an ESL event, a tournament inside Crysis Wars EU section played in November 2009 and it is still in use.
The goal of a “SniperOnly” match stays the same as in TIA/IA: to score more points as the opponent. All TIA/IA maps have no weapon or grenade spawn points.
Even if this modification allows the players to play using original game maps, it still request a basic server configuration and an installation. Inside the mod directory you will find an 'srv' folder, it will guide you in the configuration process, following the basic guidelines from Crytek.
- Playable in Crysis Wars, not in Crysis
- Modified weapons on spawn (DSG-1 + SOCOM)
- Customized score boards
How to play?
You need to buy Crysis Wars to play this modification with your friends, it is cleary made for multiplayer.
- Go to your Crysis game folder -> Electronic Arts -> Crytek -> Crysis Wars -> Mods.
- Unrar SniperOnly_1_0_0.rar and copy SniperOnly folder into the current game folder (Crysis Wars/Mods).
- Start Crysis, use the ingame mod loader to load the mod.
- After you restart Crysis join a server or open console (^) type in "con_restricted 0" (without the "") enter and then type in "map mapname" (without the "" whereas mapname = the name of the map you want to load located in the mod level folder in Mods/Game/Levels folder)
If you wish to use this modification inside your own mods, please contact the Online Modding Group.
Your Online Modding Group