One of the most long-awaited mods restores the highly desired scabbards. This mod adds 17 scabbard models to all swords. Additionally, a new sword with its unique model have been introduced to the game.
Two years after the publishing of The Witcher what seemed impossible has now become reality. One of the most long-awaited mods restores the highly desired scabbards. Each sword model was given its own, unique sheath, which will be seen both in the case of Geralt and all the rest of the NPCs.
The Scabbard Mod introduces scabbards to the game. Each sword model was given its own, unique sheath, which will be seen both in the case of Geralt and all the rest of the NPCs.
Scabbard Mod offers:
- 17 scabbard models,
- a completely new sword model,
- scabbards added to every sword-wielding NPC in the game,
- the possibility of continuing the game with the mod on your old saves,
- fully automated installer
Unfortunately, because of the character's animation it's impossible to avoid the clipping of swords and scabbards whilst drawing the weapon. In addition, a few hairs of Geralt bisect the scabbard and so we recommend all lovers of perfect game graphics to play Crisis, instead of the Scabbard Mod. We wish all the rest a pleasant time spent staring at our scabbards.
- In rare cases, the same scabbard on the same character, once lie properly on the sword, other time it's positioned incorrectly. The reason why this happens is unknown. It's the same scabbard, the same NPC, same files, same settings but the game somehow manage to break it.
- Scabbard might lower game's performance in resource hungry areas. That's because with additional scabbard models the game is reaching engine' limitations.
- Scabbards might be seen in camera during dialogues when Geralt is not on screen.
- In rare cases scabbard might appear on the ground. If that happens just reequip the sword or sword slot in inventory.
The mod was created and tested using The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.