Recount is a graphical damage meter written by Cryect.
- Q: I don't see Recount after installing, what to do?
A: /recount show, then /recount resetpos. If this doesn't help delete all (there are more than one) Recount.lua files in your WTF directory.
- Q: I don't see details when I click the recount bar, how to fix?
A: /recount resetpos
- Q: I don't see my pets, totems, gargoyles, guardians, Why?
A: Check the config window (cogwheel icon, or /recount config) and uncheck "merge pets w/ owners" to see details about pets, totems or any entity that is treated as pet or guardian.
- Q: Can you add effective heals to Recount?
A: Everything that Recount displays as healing is what other addons call "effective healing". I.e. numbers that you see displayed as healing never contain the overhealing component.
- Q: I have a question about DPS...
A: DPS is a poor measure, don't expect extensive discussion on the topics. You will find it already at numerous places. I only fix bugs regarding recording data, but don't plan to ever touch the DPS formula otherwise.
- Q: Can you add absorption as separate display or to be counted as heals?
A: No, the combat log doesn't report which spell, or which spell-caster caused an absorption so this is currently impossible. There are however ways to guess this information. A separate module called RecountGuessedAbsorbs is available that adds a display mode for guessed absorbs to recount.
- Q: I have asked a question before and got no answer. I demand an answer!
A: I cannot answer everything, I answer per time, capacity and ease to answer. I take everything I read into consideration but don't expect that everything can get an answer.