My realistic combat mod for Rome 2 Total War. Read the description for installation instructions.
My realistic combat mod for Rome 2 Total War. Read the description and follow the Steam link to download the mod.
- Armor, shield, and melee weapon values overhauled. Armor piercing damage is reduced for slashing weapons and reserved more for stabbing and blunt-force trauma weapons. Different armor types now have a bonus or weakness modifier against missiles.
- Armor added to appropriate mounts, in vanilla armored horses and elephants did not recive a bonus from armor.
- Combat is made as matched as possible and as a result engagements are shorter and more brutal. Probabilities for matched combat animations are equalized, making the combat look more cinematic.
- Hit point values changed to be consistant. Hit points are a gradient of the soldier's health, exclusive of armor, and as all men bleed all have the same hitpoints. Horses also have much reduced hitpoints, the logic being that it would either be the rider or the horse that is primarily engaged, not both.
- Projectiles changed to be more deadly and actually have variation in ranges and velocities based on weapon and ammunition type. Arrows, bolts, and thrown projectiles also do 'shockwave' damage which pushes the hit unit back. Fire projectiles do greater morale damage but have less armor penetration.
- Archers with bows now always fire volleys at an angle, and don't rake your own men with direct fire. Crossbows are still direct fire, but have a higher accuracy and punching power.
- Artillery projectiles are more inaccurate, better for attacking static defenses than moving bodies of men.
- Thrown projectiles range reduced to 50 m from 80 m. I wanted to reduce it to a more realistic 30m but toggling the skirmisher ability would make your men retreat before the enemy got within range to engage. Thrown projectile velocity is also reduced to a realistic speed.
- Pikes push the enemy back like in Rome 1 and with deadly effect.
- Fatigue is overhauled so that your armies get tired now. As a guy in real life whose job is to run around in approximately the same weight in modern ballistic armor, I know what it feels like. Soldiers can recover by standing still or walking.
- Unit visibility is also far increased so that the AI will act and respond a bit more intelligently.
- Cavalry charges will now run through an unbraced unit with considerable effectiveness.
- Walk speed of infantry, cavalry, artillery, and siege engines changed to be consistant with each other like in the Charlamagne DLC. This makes moving troops in an orderly fashion easier and with less micromanaging. Also, the speed of siege engines are reduced because in vanilla they could go faster than heavy infantry could walk.
-Formed/disciplined units maintain their formations better.
- Morale overhauled; more factors now both positively and negatively influence unit morale, such as surrounding defenses, terrain, formation, and flank security.
If you like this mod, tell me about it and tell me what features you want to see. If I have internet access, I can make it for you. If there are any bugs, please report them.
Realism is consistancy and consistancy is quality, and I do my best to reflect that in my mods.
Steam workshop link, subscribe to download mod: Steamcommunity.com
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
I loved playing as the Cimmeria in vanilla, but was saddened to see that, despite being part of a $8 "culture pack", it had a pretty weak unit roster...
This is the Second half of my Journey to the West mod. The 1st part is hosted on the steam workshop. Due to the amount of textures and variants in my...
Medieval Kingdoms: Total War is a total conversion of Total War: Rome II sets in 1212 AD, with many new factions, new units and so on.
A hopefully faithful recreation of the much-loved, if historically questionable unit from the original Rome: Total War.
Tired of how (inaccurately) the Roman army is depicted in Rome II? Then this mod is for you! The power of this mod lies in its simplicity and compatibility...
The BFME2: HD Edition is a model pack featuring both reworked and all-new unit and hero models. Our primary goal is to preserve the distinctive style...
No mods were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the mod list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.