My realistic combat mod for Rome 2 Total War. Read the description for installation instructions.
My realistic combat mod for Rome 2 Total War. Read the description and follow the Steam link to download the mod.
- Armor, shield, and melee weapon values overhauled. Armor piercing damage is reduced for slashing weapons and reserved more for stabbing and blunt-force trauma weapons. Different armor types now have a bonus or weakness modifier against missiles.
- Armor added to appropriate mounts, in vanilla armored horses and elephants did not recive a bonus from armor.
- Combat is made as matched as possible and as a result engagements are shorter and more brutal. Probabilities for matched combat animations are equalized, making the combat look more cinematic.
- Hit point values changed to be consistant. Hit points are a gradient of the soldier's health, exclusive of armor, and as all men bleed all have the same hitpoints. Horses also have much reduced hitpoints, the logic being that it would either be the rider or the horse that is primarily engaged, not both.
- Projectiles changed to be more deadly and actually have variation in ranges and velocities based on weapon and ammunition type. Arrows, bolts, and thrown projectiles also do 'shockwave' damage which pushes the hit unit back. Fire projectiles do greater morale damage but have less armor penetration.
- Archers with bows now always fire volleys at an angle, and don't rake your own men with direct fire. Crossbows are still direct fire, but have a higher accuracy and punching power.
- Artillery projectiles are more inaccurate, better for attacking static defenses than moving bodies of men.
- Thrown projectiles range reduced to 50 m from 80 m. I wanted to reduce it to a more realistic 30m but toggling the skirmisher ability would make your men retreat before the enemy got within range to engage. Thrown projectile velocity is also reduced to a realistic speed.
- Pikes push the enemy back like in Rome 1 and with deadly effect.
- Fatigue is overhauled so that your armies get tired now. As a guy in real life whose job is to run around in approximately the same weight in modern ballistic armor, I know what it feels like. Soldiers can recover by standing still or walking.
- Unit visibility is also far increased so that the AI will act and respond a bit more intelligently.
- Cavalry charges will now run through an unbraced unit with considerable effectiveness.
- Walk speed of infantry, cavalry, artillery, and siege engines changed to be consistant with each other like in the Charlamagne DLC. This makes moving troops in an orderly fashion easier and with less micromanaging. Also, the speed of siege engines are reduced because in vanilla they could go faster than heavy infantry could walk.
-Formed/disciplined units maintain their formations better.
- Morale overhauled; more factors now both positively and negatively influence unit morale, such as surrounding defenses, terrain, formation, and flank security.
If you like this mod, tell me about it and tell me what features you want to see. If I have internet access, I can make it for you. If there are any bugs, please report them.
Realism is consistancy and consistancy is quality, and I do my best to reflect that in my mods.
Steam workshop link, subscribe to download mod: Steamcommunity.com
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Project Raptor 9 is continuation for seventh version and alternative path of development mod with high-poly models and the best effects (FX). This mod...
Culture Identity - is complete reskin for all unit rosters depending to the faction history, culture and ethnic aspects. The main goal is to make every...
Hi guys, I proudly present Sebidee's Unit Roster Overhaul! This is my final mod for Rome 2 and a compilation of all of my unit related mods plus a few...
ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - ROME (AUM-ROM) 2.3 - adds 10 custom units and several unlocked vanilla units to Rome 2 Total War. It contains 7 new custom created...
This is a playable demo for the upcoming Age of Bronze mod for Total War: Rome II, giving players the ability to recreate in detail the battle of Qadesh...
Adds about ~500 - 900 additional towns and cities to the Rome 2 campaign map (for all campaigns from Imperator Augustus to Wrath of Sparta). This never-before...
No mods were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the mod list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.