Republic Assault is a full scale conversion mod for the Petroglyphy game Star Wars Forces of Corruption. Using elements from both the current canon, and existing EU to create the best possible game experience.

Forum Thread
Phase 2 Torrent Company (Games : Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption : Mods : Republic Assault: The Clone Wars : Forum : Development Updates : Phase 2 Torrent Company) Locked
Thread Options
May 4 2017 Anchor

Here's the first CGI style clone legion, just in time for May the 4th. Hope everyone enjoys the new Torrent Company. I recommend viewing the original images, for full detail.

Also, the rangefinder variants will be used on any planet with some form of vision impairment. Namely, swamps and volcanic planets.

Basic Torrent Company Clones

Grunt Troopers

Basic

Specialized Troopers

Specialized

Field Aid

Field Aid

Support and Assault Troopers

Assault and support

Torrent Company Heroes

Credits:

Krome Studios - Rangefinders, lamp, Boomer's helmet mesh and textures

Pandemic Studious - Grenadier grenades, engineer hat, and Zeer's fusion cutter mesh and texture

DICE - DLT-19 mesh and texture

Free Radical - DC-15X mesh and texture

NeoMarz - Boomer's helmet mask, and armor ammo pack mesh and textures

SOE - All other mesh and base textures

Jedi_Clone_X2 - All skeletons and animations, expect the E-WEB and dual DC, and M-5 Westar mesh and textures (May be wrong on the Westar, please correct me if I am)

Pandemic - Rex and Five's skeletons and animations

Sergeant Barlex - Every reskin, rig, kitbash, modified animations, and mesh edits

Special Thanks:

Substance Painter - You truly are my new favorite texturing tool. Thank god you can accept custom alphas, otherwise Jesse would be a massive pain in the ass to texture on the helmet.

Sly - Fives and Rex have good looking knees thanks to him. IG-88 does not have a fun skeleton.

May 5 2017 Anchor

Perfect

May 6 2017 Anchor
kosmo246 wrote:

Perfect

Thanks, glad to see people like it.

Jun 27 2017 Anchor

Hey, my own legion. A question, will the Appo character get a Commander version of his Armor, seeing as on Operation Knightfall, he was already a Commander by then since Rex went off to command the 332nd Tano Battalion for the Siege of Mandalore?

Edited by: CT-1119

Jun 27 2017 Anchor
CT-1119 wrote:

Hey, my own legion. A question, will the Appo character get a Commander version of his Armor, seeing as on Operation Knightfall, he was already a Commander by then since Rex went off to command the 332nd Tano Battalion for the Siege of Mandalore?

There a few similar instances where a couple units should cannonically change out, but I'm not sure how I want to handle that. There might be a way to use story scripting, but I think it'll ultimately have to be done via lua scripting.

But I would like to implement that in.

Jun 27 2017 Anchor
Sergeant wrote:
CT-1119 wrote:

There a few similar instances where a couple units should cannonically change out, but I'm not sure how I want to handle that. There might be a way to use story scripting, but I think it'll ultimately have to be done via lua scripting.

Well, if you take into account Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order, and with that considered for her possibly leaving by Tech 4, Appo would have possibly been promoted to fill the commander slot by say, Tech 5?

Edited by: CT-1119

Jun 28 2017 Anchor
CT-1119 wrote:
Sergeant wrote:
CT-1119 wrote:

Well, if you take into account Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order, and with that considered for her possibly leaving by Tech 4, Appo would have possibly been promoted to fill the commander slot by say, Tech 5?

Yes, but from a technical standpoint, Ahsoka would be an easy REMOVE_UNIT event. As she would be a major (tech level spawned) hero.

Legions are a bit more tricky. Currently, you have to buildthe proper HQ, and then build them. Which I like the idea behind, but creates a dilemma for me. I can either set legions to despawn for any needed changes (armor change, leadership change, removal of dead clones), and screw the player over as they'll be fairly expensive. Or I can try and figure out if it's possible to set up a prerequisite system for story events, or a lua script to replace them.

Sep 8 2017 Anchor

Have you thought about adding Echo is as he was supposed to look in Season 6 before they canceled the Clone Wars Series?
I personally think he looks awesome

echo

Sep 9 2017 Anchor
Jennings17soco wrote:

Have you thought about adding Echo is as he was supposed to look in Season 6 before they canceled the Clone Wars Series?
I personally think he looks awesome.

I've thought about it, but decided not to. Mainly due to an actual lack of photos of him that are canon.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.