Zombies are the newest threat in Rainbow Six: Raven Shield! Based on the popular Zombies mode from Call of Duty, the team has created a multiplayer and singleplayer mod for Raven Shield which is based on survival against waves of zombies. Each wave gets faster and more difficult!
Today's R6: Zombies progress: bugs have been ironed out of the online coop mode, there are new powerups and zombie types, a new map, and other stuff too.
Posted by .Twi on Jan 10th, 2012
Here's the progress update for my work on the mod today.
1) The crashes that plagued the mod, especially online coop, have been fixed. The game is now perfectly playable and stable online and in single player.
Screenshot in dedicated coop server:
2) As part of the online coop server gameplay, servers can of course choose to have backup AI for support. For the backup Rainbow AI, I've tweaked the AI to make them a little more effective in zombie mode.
3) Added a new type of zombie: juggernaut. This zombie is slower than the others but takes many bullets to kill. The juggernaut appears slightly greenish compared to other zombies. Juggernauts come at waves 8 and 12.
Possibly the scariest thing about the juggernaut zombies is they can survive nuke powerups! While a nuke kills any other zombie right away, it can only mildly hurt these monsters.
Juggernaut zombie screenshot:
4) To help you combat juggernauts, I've added a new powerup: Instakill. When instakill is enabled, you have from 12 to 18 seconds where one bullet kills any zombie, even juggernauts and godlike zombies!
Thanks to 1002346 for the instakill idea.
5) The nuke powerup has a better look. It now looks like a bomb instead of a grenade. And all powerups have been given a slightly better-looking texture, with more glassiness to it.
EDIT: 6) I've made a new map for the mod. The map is called Train Tracks, and takes place at dawn at a railway site.