Ya3dag is based on the quake 2 modification Quake2maX and the lazarus game dll. Want to create your own levels? Well, you've come to the right place. Ya3dag has a built-in "what you see is what you get" level-editor and has been specifically designed for rapid level creation. Terrain, smart NPC's, weather, physic simulation, ...
The highlight of Yad3dag's new release is port to linux and particle system support via the build editor.
This entity allows a particle emitter map model with nearly the
full features of Ya3dags particle engine.
* Parameter changes take effect immediately.
* This entity is triggerable.
* Support for point or line type of emitters.
* Connect up to 4 Particles_EmitterGeneric together.
* Linked Particles_EmitterGeneric for death or bounce of a particle.
* Save a Particles_EmitterGeneric to a .particle file.
* .particle files
Files to descripe particle effects. This files have the same
features/contents as a Particles_EmitterGeneric.
* Used to modify existig particle effects like laser impacts or
* A loaded particle effect can be insert in a map as a
See video Particle work.
* Changed IDE and compiler from VC 2008
to Codeblocks 12.11 IDE and compiler MinGW for
windows or gcc for linux.
* Sources revised so Ya3dag also runs on Linux.
* Interface to operating system is changed to
Copied some sources form 'UFO:AI' for this.
* Upper/lower case adaptions.
The linux file system is sensitve for upper/lower
case of the file name characters. The windows
file system is not.
This difference is noticeable if files
are read from the disk (and not out. pak files).
* Addapted some directory names of the
Ya3dag file system.
* Changed some other references to external files
in code or in scripts. I hope I've caught everything.
Coded a function FS_fopen_any_case_for_read() which
is used for linux to read files case indepented in a
New schaderstament spritemap and some other shader enhancements .
See README_Ya3dag_ReleaseHistory.txt file.
* Multisampling or antialias
New graphic setting to enhance display quality.
Added new controls
* joystick sensitivity
Sensitivty threshold for the joystick axes
* joystick cursor speed
Joystick to cursor movement factor
* Open console with ^ or ~ character is removed.
* Open console with 'shift escape' characters.
This also close an open console.
* Close console with escape character too.
* Key bindings.
* Single menu dialog is changed to have sub-dialoges.
More actions can be bind to keys.
* Default key bindings changed to common known 'WASD'.
* Level Editor
For string input fields added support for
arrow left/right, delete, home and end keys.
==> Position cursor inside input string input field
* Menupoint Options / Input / invert mouse
Bugfix, this setting is now hold over level changed.
Known bugs, problems, missing
* Touchscreen support is gone.
This will be back in the next release.
* Reflective surfaces do not show everything.
* Change 'Display / Advanced / liquid surfaces'
* Change 'Display / Texture / shader scripts' to off.
* Loading a level for the linux variant needs
much more time than the windows variant.
* Frames per second is lower for the linux variant.
* Manual for details of the particle system.