Ya3dag is based on the quake 2 modification Quake2maX and the lazarus game dll. Want to create your own levels? Well, you've come to the right place. Ya3dag has a built-in "what you see is what you get" level-editor and has been specifically designed for rapid level creation. Terrain, smart NPC's, weather, physic simulation, ...
The main innovation of this version is 'drive a train'. In addition, there are many components of rails for use in the level editor.
Summary of changes for the update of Ya3dag V 1.33.
* New map 'Rail travel'.
A demo level.
Enjoy the ride on a train. You
take control of the train.
This level features a train and many spiders.
* XMas Level.
After collectiong all 10 signums, the signums are removed
from the inventory.
Mapmodels (.bsp) can have inline models. This inline models are
associated with func_button, func_door or other entities.
To allow multiple use of the same mapmodel a processing of the
key/value pairs is done.
If the key begins or ends with the string 'target' (targetname,
target, killtarget, pathtarget, ...), strings as follows will
%n Must be first characters in value string.
If there is a targetname of 'mapmodel' .bsp model
use this targetname, else continue and skip this
%t Must be first characters in value string.
If there is a target of 'mapmodel' .bsp model
use this target, else continue and skip this
%c Counter, an unic number.
This is the entity number.
* Added a clock to the hud display.
* Show a map of the level if the player owns the
* New item 'Sleeping pills'.
Use it to sleep for 4 hours.
* New item 'Soporific'.
Use it to sleep for 12 hours.
* New melee weapon models, three swords and one knife.
* New item 'Map'.
If the player has this item in the inventory, a
map of the level is shown on the hud.
This item can be found somewhere in the level
or maybe bought from someone.
NOTE: This item will be removed when the level is exited.
* New entity flag 'No terrain Z' for objects.
If set, the entity is not bound to the terraing height.
Use it for things that should not be bound to terrain
deformations (tunnels, ...).
* New entity flag 'No minium light' for objects.
If set, no get's minimum light for this model.
Useable only for mapmodels (.bsp).
* target setting.
Pressing the 't' key, a connection ist made between the
marked enttity 'target' and the selected 'targetname'.
Pressing one of the numeric keys as modifyiers, the
following alternate fields are used:
key field color of connection arrow
1 target red
2 target2 orange
3 killtarget dark red
4 pathtarget green
5 combattarget bluish
6 deathtarget gray
* Added new editflags for use in the entriy description file quake2RR.ent
* EF_FLAG1 red particles
* EF_FLAG2 blue particles
* EF_FLAG1 and EF_FLAG2 green particles
* RF2_LIGHT_128 Light around object, if EF_FLAG1/EF_FLAG1 set use this color else white
Used to have the same particle effects
in the editor as in in the game.
Model configuration file _modelconfig.txt
This configuration file is used for player models
only (until now).
It is located in the same directory as the associated
.md2 or .md3 model.
Used to specify a bounding box different than specified in
the quake2RR.ent file.
Example: minmax -24 -24 -24 24 24 48 ; bounding box of model
This was needed for actors to show
* the live bar at the correct heigt
* show symbols above the actor at the correct height
* correct size of the editors selection box
* correct model size used for trace/clipping
The NPC will jump somtimes towards it's enemy.
Example: AttackJump ; can attack by jumpung towards it's enemy
* Reworked symbols shown over actors.
* Double resolution of images.
* Added coins symbol.
* Postprocesing effect for 'look far' embellished.