Howdy. Just as you folks are preparing for the Holidays and New Year's festivities, we have a new status update for you. Following the tradition from last year, we are going to give you a brief summary of what had happened this year in the Multi Theft Auto community, along with other goodies.
2015 in Recap
- Shortly after the start of 2015, the new version of the mod was released - Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.4.1. This release focused on fixing various issues present in the original release, but also improved compatibility with the Steam version of GTASA. Which, by the way, is on sale now till 4th of January!
- After that, we gave you an update on the next major version of the mod at the end of March. We also transitioned to Github during that time due to the expected closure of Google Code repositories. We also introduced new rules for our forums.
- Two months later, we have deployed a Release Candidate for the above mentioned new major version of Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas - 1.5. The release focused on adding Chromium/CEF web browser components to the game, along with other features such as 3d lights creation scripting functions.
- The first stable build of that version was released on 15th of July. Around that time, the stable version of Microsoft Windows 10 was just about to be released as well. Its earlier Insider Preview versions had some major compatibility problems with MTA:SA, however the final version was free of such issues. People who upgraded to the new OS could play the mod just like before.
Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.5 was also the first version which offered a stable 64bit Linux server build and some modules, rather than the experimental one.
- At the end of August we have suffered from a security breach to our forums. Due to this, we have advised you to change your MTA forum passwords. Which, by the way, you should still do if you haven't done so back then in August.
- More recently, at the 5th of November, we have released an update for the 1.5 series, the currently available Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.5.1. This version had a fix for the shotgun damage calculation along with other changes, such as the new web scheme.
A bunch of interesting MTA:SA-related YouTube videos from this year
Current player counts and version fragmentation statistics
Recent peak number of concurrent unique players: 21919 players - 2015.12.22 (at 18.00 GMT)
Highest recorded number of concurrent unique players: 24985 players - 2015.02.28 (at 18:00 GMT)
Recent number of daily unique players: 115508 players - 2015.12.22 (Tuesday)
Highest recorded number of daily unique players: 140814 players - 2015.03.07 (Saturday)
Recent number of monthly unique players: 520276 - November, 2015
Highest recorded number of monthly unique players: 587193 players - January, 2015
MTA:SA version fragmentation (as of 23rd of December, 2015):
1.0.x + 1.1.x + 1.2.x: 0.13%
So, what about our future releases? ArranTuna has worked on adding a possibility to use more ped skin IDs for the upcoming Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6. This feature still needs testing, so give it a shot if you are interested and not afraid of trying out our Nightly Builds for 1.6. There were several other changes to both 1.6 and the current 1.5 lines, such as a fix for a client crash related to carjacking, spotted by Dutchman101, or the introduction of createSearchLight() function by Jusonex.
This year was a blast and hopefully so will be the next one.
Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for 2016 from the MTA Team!
(you can find the original post here: Forum.mtasa.com )