Multi Theft Auto (MTA) is an open-source software project that adds full on-line gaming support to Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game, in which this functionality is not originally found. It is the first open-source modification that adds a highly customizable network play element to a commercial closed-source single-player PC game. Developed as an experimental piece of software for earlier Grand Theft Auto series, Multi Theft Auto has become an advanced multiplayer platform for gamers and developers. Our software provides on-line gaming for dozens of players running user-generated gameplay content and scripts through a Lua virtual machine, and is freely distributed under the GPLv3 license.
Fourth stable release of the Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas multiplayer modification for GTA: San Andreas. This installer package consists of a game client, dedicated server for Windows and a resources package, which includes map editor and a race gamemode, along with several other gamemodes, maps and utility scripts.
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 or 7
- a non-modified PC version of GTA: San Andreas v1.0 European or North American - if you have a v1.1 or v2.0, or a German/Australian v1.0 executable, you can downgrade it to v1.0 by using our converter
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (and above) with August 2009 SDK updates - you can download it here
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package - should be automatically downloaded and installed during the mod's setup. In case it is not, you can download it here
same as for the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC version
Simply run the installer and follow the instructions on your screen.
Changes since 1.0.2:
- 0004451: [Server] Block ability to edit game files. (Arc) - resolved.
- 0005136: [Installer] Fatal-error when unable to download VC redistributables (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004870: [Client] No modes and lost settings on Vista/7 (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005137: [Server] The server cannot be launched if the current directory is not where the execuable resides (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005073: [Server] Banning an IP range doesn't work (Flobu) - resolved.
- 0005110: [Client] Titles of GUI windows are always in caps (Paul_Cortez) - resolved.
- 0005102: [Scripting] "resetMapInfo" Wave Height (lucasc190) - resolved.
- 0005129: [Synchronization] getElementsWithinColshape is buggy if you move the colshape position server or client side (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005121: [Client] When a colshape is created, getElementsWithinColShape() and isElementWithinColShape() doesnt find player if player does not move (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005085: [Server] RadarArea Error (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004875: [Server] Vehicles lag with high player counts (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005123: [General] Servers can permanently change a players name (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005124: [General] Clients can overload external web servers when downloading (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005126: [Server] Add a directory which contains the correct client files for hosting on an external web server (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005125: [Server] The server information bar at the top of the console has compatibility issues with some Linux utility programs (ccw) - resolved.
- 0005109: [Client] Sync: No sync with larger amount of players (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004961: [Client] Vehicles not getting updated anymore (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004760: [Synchronization] Players staying in spawn desync (ccw) - resolved.
- 0004034: [Scripting] executeSQLQuery could return an error message from SQLite engine (Flobu) - resolved.