MARATHON//MAX release 1.1 (3/10/2010)
YOU MUST SET TEXTURE RESOLUTION TO "HIGH" OR THE GAME WILL CRASH WHEN YOU LOAD A LEVEL.
From the LAUNCHER before you start the game, click 'Options', then click 'High' in the lower left.
To switch to a secondary weapon, you must press '1' (a couple times if you have multiple secondaries) and then click the mouse. Green numbers will appear to the right of the in-game HUD if you have a secondary weapon (Assault rifle grenades or the Fusion pistol's secondary).
Those of you with widescreen monitors may want to run the game in windowed mode, since it does not render in widescreen. To do this, create a shortcut to the game (ctrl+shift+drag MaxPayne2.exe to the desktop), then edit the shortcut's properties and add "-window\" (without quotes) to the end of the "target:".
Run MaxPayne2.exe to get started.
If you'd like to play with the unused guns or otherwise screw around, make a shortcut to the game with "-developer -developerkeys" at the end. In-game, press the ~ button. You can enter codes here. Press the ~ twice more to close this window.
Some of the codes are:
god - no damage received
mortal - normal damage received
getsmg - get the SMG (not placed in-game)
gettozt - get the TOZT Flamethrower (not placed in-game)
getWSTEMs - get dual shotguns
getSPNKR - get the rocket launcher
- Most skyboxes need tweaking, especially at caps
- Some weapons need fixed UV maps and physics models
- Secondary fire of AR & Fusion can be used on all guns
- Fire rate of the Assault rifle grenades is far too fast
- Fusion charged shots will not fire unless you have at least 7 ammo in reserve
- Unable to shoot after pressing the 'use' key until you use secondary fire or shootdodge
- Occasional collision ("stuck") issues after teleporting to the same location as another entity
- Crash if the player suicides with the TOZT or Alienweapon
- VERY occasional crash if the player suicides with the SPNK-R Rocket Launcher at close range
- Crash if texture resolution is set to anything but High
- Player is able to go 'out of bounds' on DM_Duality
"Exception: An error has occured in the graphics engine..."
You need to set your texture resolution to HIGH. In the launcher BEFORE the game starts, click 'Options', then click 'High' in the lower left corner.
"My mouse is jumping, stalling, or otherwise not moving properly."
1. Go to start -> control panel -> mouse -> pointer options. Uncheck 'enhance pointer precision'. Click apply. Re-check 'enhance pointer precision'. Click apply again. Close the window and try running the game again.
2. Razers and other fancy mice sometimes have an option to automatically change sensitivity which is incompatible with some older games. Right-click the tray icon for your mouse and un-check any options which match this description.
"My mouse is lagging."
This can happen in fullscreen mode; try running the game in windowed mode. To do this:
1. Right-click your desktop shortcut for Marathon//Max and click "Properties"
2. At the end of the "Target:" line, OUTSIDE of the quotation marks, add: -window
Produced by JLY RGR
Designed & developed by Eric Yockey
Level textures by Tim Vogel (Total Texture Enhancement Pack for Marathon)
Installer by Ben Boersch
MAX-FX engine and assets by Remedy Entertainment
Marathon assets by Bungie
Music from Sierra's "Hunter Hunted"