Dedicated server files for Kingdoms Collide, click on more info to learn how to setup your own server.
How to Host a Dedicated KC Server
1. Download HLDSUpdateTool, available here: Storefront.steampowered.com
This is Valve's own program for setting up a stand-alone dedicated server.
2. Run the .exe, and install SRCDS to a folder of your choosing, for example, C:/srcds
SRCDS stands for Source Dedicated Server and is the framework for operating a dedicated server.
3. Navigate to the folder you installed SRCDS to, and open the HLDSUpdateTool.exe
This updates your version (if necessary) to the latest.
4. Navigate to the folder you installed SRCDS within a command prompt.
To do this, go Start, Run, cmd. Enter the drive (in the previous example it would be type C:) and hit enter. Then use the cd command (in the previous example it would be cd srcds) to navigate to particular folders.
5. Once you're inside srcds, type in the command: hldsupdatetool -command update -game "orangebox"
This will tell srcds to install and update the required files for hosting an orangebox-based game. This may take up to several hours, depending on internet connection.
6. Once all the necessary files are in place, copy the 'KingdomsCollide' folder into /srcds/orangebox/
This is so the dedicated servers has the required Kingdoms Collide files.
7. Create a shortcut to /srcds/orangebox/srcds.exe with parameters: -console -game KingdomsCollide
This is so the dedicated server loads the Kingdoms Collide mod.
8. Run the shortcut. Use map to start the server.