Here is a New download of the mod including most files which lets players simply extract and play (with out sound) add original sound files from vice city to have sound. read the read me file included for more information.
1. Extract "GTA Raccoon City Stories Free Roam.rar" to any destination on your computer.
2. Go to your gta vice city game folder (where it is installed) and open folder "Audio". SELECT ALL and copy and paste into the GTA Raccoon City Stories folder/Audio.
3. Head to Moddb.com and download that mod package. Extract that mod package to you desktop. Open up package and go to “2 GTA Vice City/Audio”. Copy all files and paste into GTA Raccoon City Stories folder/Audio folder. Overwrite existing files.
4. from the gta-rcs-05-free-roam-mode package go to the/movies folder and copy the 2 movie files and paste them into the RCS game folder/movies to add the intro clips.
5. Double click the gta-vc.exe file to play.
You can play the RCS without the original gta vice city audio files but obversely you will have no sound at all.
There is no save points so every time you enter the game press "start new game".
If you don't copy the movie files from the original vice city or the rcs package found here on moddb, you will have to click once when you go into the game to skip the blank intro movies parts.
This version only includes free roam mode.
Future updates and mission packs will not be as large as this package, this package has been uploaded because of installation problems and errors with the old installation pack.
Please do not re upload or use any of this work else ware.
Visit Moddb.com for more information or contact the creator.
Since 2002 we have explored, played and enjoyed mods of all shapes and sizes just like GTA: Raccoon City Stories. We love games like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City that have opened themselves up to modding. Because of communities like Workshop, Nexus, Curse, RTSL, GameBanana and Mod DB, more games support modding today than ever before.
Let's celebrate modding
As mods play a bigger role in the future of gaming, we believe it is important to recognize the effort the teams behind the work put in, giving us countless hours of enjoyment while asking nothing in return. We have the power to change our games and that needs to be celebrated to ensure it remains a big part of PC gaming's future.
It all started
In 2015, when the paid modding dispute left many gamers and modders worried about the direction the industry is headed. Things have since settled down, but we believe it is important to continue this small tradition to show we are not alone in our love for mods, and the open platforms that embrace them.
Mod Appreciation Week
Nothing is more motivating than knowing something you've built is being enjoyed by others. So this week if there is a mod you love on Mod DB (or anywhere else), make the effort to shout out to them, mention and link their mod in a tweet, blog, forum or facebook post with the hashtag #modlove2016 (or click the icons above for a pre-built post).
Your comment "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" was successful. When a comment is deleted all replies to the comment will be removed as well. Because you are an admin, you can click the \"view deleted\" link above to view deleted comments in-case you wish to un-delete them in the future. If this was a mistake, click the "+currentoption.html().toLowerCase()+" link again to reverse the change.