This is the all-new Heroes IV experience for the XXI century gamer! - New factions, heroes and spells! - Doesn't overwrite anything (completely modular mod) - Easy install: Just paste into Heroes IV folder and play - Many rebalances and fixes - Countless all-new super-brushes for your maps - Numerous new maps to play or complete - List of finished and unfinished maps - Map editor to use Equilibris objects - Incorporated hero creatures by default - New special heroes such as the cursed pirate-skeleton - Improved and changed heroes and portraits (in progress) - Changed and rebalanced most/all Creature Banks, including Equilibris ones - Changed and rebalanced all creatures - All-new starting hero classes - Completely changed playable factions, - With separate Inferno and Necropolis! - AND a new Shipwreck, sea-based faction - All spells rebalanced and rearranged - And much, much more! Discover it yourself...
Largest and most complete and polished release up to now. Reclassifies maps and brings more ready-to-play. Balance and stability changes. More hero portraits and variety. Includes updated Winds of War campaign.
.16 changes for NimoStar's Greatest Mod:
- New Map Folder is called "GreatestMaps"
-- ALL MAPS DISPLAYED NOT IN "OTHERS" FOLDER ARE PLAYABLE, FINISHED AND READY TO GO!
-- Maps will now be classified according to their playable function
--- "Tournament" indicates strictly balanced maps for multiplayer (with buffed up computer opponents if any chosen)
--- "Multiplayer" indicates multiplayer maps which are more casual/flavorful and not with 100% mirrored balance. They can also be played single vs AI.
--- "Challenge" is for mostly singleplayer maps (although some might be multiplayable too). Includes cooperatives.
--- "FromWeb" is for maps from the internet, which are not made by NimoStar or affiliates, and credit is to their makers.
--- "Enchanced" is for single maps from default H4 which got enchanced and improved for the mod.
--- "Others" is for all maps that are not meant to be normally playable but serve some other, possibly evil, function.
- Remastered the Winds of War Campaign. Made a version of the last mission a single map which is multiplayer-compatible.
- New version: Rebalanced Chaos campaign beggining, enchanced Nature campaign ambient, and prevented passability bugs on Order campaign
- Placed all default Heroes campaigns on playable maps (different folder)
- "PROPER MAPS" contains upgraded versions of the Heroes 4 Campaigns
- Made first (to my knowing) Duel Map of H4 - fully scripted and balanced
-- Can be played vs other players or AI
-- Doesn't require the mod
- Made the second duel map.
- Text strings not finished.
- Requires the mod.
- Fixed "fun" artifact palette crash bug on editor
- Extended fun artifact palette (without bugs)
- Rearranged some artifacts on object palettes to better reflect their functions
- Included expansion artifacts and 351 artifacts on the palettes
- Fixed two special heroes crash bug on editor
- Added the missing 355 Treasures functionality via text table
- New descriptions for all new treasures (in English)
- Created a map showing every treasure and the creatures that guard them (in Classmaps)
- Existing Equimaps and ForModMaps are merged
- Created FINISHED map folder
- Maps in it have indication of version needed
- Made Duel Maps with special scripts and incredibly careful balancing
- Added Megadragon dwelling
- Added Sea Monster dwelling
- Added Mermaid dwelling
- Fixed a Default hero that would crash the editor before on a special case because of a bugged artifact
- Changed Mass Cancellation from lvl5 to lvl4 (still expensive)
- Slightly rebalanced power of Demon Fire, Disintegrate, Armageddon, and Chain Lightning
- Slightly rebalanced summons of Genie and Dark Knight
- Readjusted some spells - "Magic Resistance" is teachable again
- Slightly more expensive Genie, gives more XP
- Take back devouring from white tigers, too OP. Search suitable ability.
-- Replaced by No Retaliation
move- Created new portraits and updated existent
- Changed more heroes to be Creature Heroes
- Created "Rogue Sorcerer" type hero, a special mix that looks powerful and dramatic
- More custom portraits.