The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.

Gothic 2 - Requiem features a whole new weapon skill system, new forging system, new quests, new characters, new textures, new weapons and armor, improved AI, new & tweaked monsters and much much more!

Forum Thread
Step #3 in the instalation (Games : Gothic II - The Night of the Raven : Mods : Gothic 2 - Requiem : Forum : Discussion Megathread : Step #3 in the instalation) Locked
Thread Options
May 20 2017 Anchor

Is starting the game and playing trough the first conversation with Xardas.

Is it mandatory? (I do apologize for the possible stupidity of the question)

The ting is, this step is responsible for the health/mana/stamina bar bug.

No matter what systempack I use (either 1.1 or 1.7), if I do this step, the bars get huge... and half empty.

If I don't do it, they get perfect, I believe just the way you intended.

And sadly, the fix for it dosn't work for me.

If I use spack 1.1, in the spack ".ini" file the "INTERFACE" section doesn't exist. If i manually imput it, guess what! It doesn't do anything.

If I use spack 1.7, the "INTERFACE" section is there, black on white. If I modify the "scale"... it still doesn't do anything. The bars stay just as huge and half empty.

Any ideas? O_o

Thnaks for the time lost for my benefit...

LATER EDIT: Btw, I understand that the main mod is the one withouth DXD11 ? In my experience, the one with DXD11 is less crash prone. O_o At least so far...

LATER LATER EDIT: I feel I should apologize again... in case you find me condescending, or if you feel that I might have criticized you work in some way... It really isn't the case. I don't have any experience with modding or programing so, all this crashy business is quasi mysticism for me. O_o I'm at the level of a cave man who feels that dancing three times around a campfire while scratching his rear might just avert the coming storm... O_o

We all do appreciate your work.

Edited by: LandrosTane

May 20 2017 Anchor

dialog box size and interface size doesnt change for me also if I change those settings

MarcSam Jan 4 2017 Vic never mind, I managed to sort it out. In Gothic.ini under video section, the resolution was still set with 800 x 600. Now the stats bars are no longer half full.

did you check this?

also I saw you mention some bugs with shields and whatnot on the other thread, can you tell me what are they? I think I had similar issues

May 20 2017 Anchor

Invisible shields... yeah. That was at my 6th atempt at installing the mod. I had abandoned the directx11 version and tried the other version. With DX11, shields are visible, at least for me. But the Adanos statue at the Khorinis temple is still half invisible.

And tanks for the help with the health/etc. bars. I'll try it right away.

May 20 2017 Anchor

well for me the statue is also half invisible but shields are also invisible and when I remove the shield and try to fight NH still uses the shield moveset, this is with dx11

May 20 2017 Anchor

thats what happens to me as well. Apart from the invisible shields. That seams to have resolved by itself. Have you tried to equip a twohanded weapon, save, load then unequip the twohander and reequip the one handed weapon? See if it helps. I for one can't... I'm still at the start of the game and haven't got more than 25 str with the belt. Besides... I've sold my rusty two hander so, my suspicion can't be verified. You try it!

May 20 2017 Anchor

didnt work, I think maybe both shield and one handed movesets are actually the same and its normal

May 20 2017 Anchor

It shouldn't be normal... its clearly a bug. Well, shit happens! I'm stuck with the shield as well... at least I get to play the bloody game! :)) But there could be worse ways to go than a paladin with sword and shield. :P For Innos! Or rather Adanos!

Edited by: LandrosTane

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.