The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.

Gothic 2 - Requiem features a whole new weapon skill system, new forging system, new quests, new characters, new textures, new weapons and armor, improved AI, new & tweaked monsters and much much more!

Forum Thread
Bug report by shadowbeast 13 (Games : Gothic II - The Night of the Raven : Mods : Gothic 2 - Requiem : Forum : Individual Bugreport Threads : Bug report by shadowbeast 13 ) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 14 2016 Anchor

Balance issues
1)overpowered early beasts (before khorinis)
2)reall needs occur too often ( i required console comands in order to survive to see the need glowing red ) it keeps you from doing shide quests or messing around the world
3)locks change patterns even in the same try (no leaving the chest)
4)zombies are too fast deal enormous damage and attack too fast too
5) stamina is drained too quickly while fighitng with 2h weapons
6)dragons spam flames too quickly
7)~ as spirnting button is incovinient due to the distance from the rest , shift is better option (not bug , just a notice )
8)the dragon armour(aka dovakhin # skyrim #fus ro duh armour) wich you can get in chapter 4 has better stats than the pall or simillar end game armours
9) you can buy shields almost anywhare early game (city , onars, drop and so on) yet you can only learn to use it only in cpt 3 and only as a paladin
10) with acrobatics you can shidewalk much faster than sprinting (furthermore if you hit some object you might as well find yourself starting to fly while you shidewalk)

General bugs
1)Xardas says that he gives you a "golem shard " while giving you scrolls
2)during lester's quest to retrieve his weed he will attack goblins and afterwards speak about them smoking (still) his weed and that he will get rid of them
3)randomly getting "drunk" => unnable to fight or walk for a while (cheked if it was for drinking alcohol or somthing like creepling but it occured even in fresh game play)
4)wierd hand size while in "grab weist pose" (spoted on lares )
5)The balcony that looks over the temple has blocked enterance
6)can;t equip quivers like the npcs' do
7)!IMPORTANT i've noticed a performance drop while in khorinis (freezing for half sec or so every 2-3 secs ) same for all graphics max or low (gt750 graphic prossecor)
8) on the upper quarter opposite to the shrine room there is a wall wich is passable with an empty room behind
9) the house next to salandrils (alchemist upper quarter) selters 3 citizens but has 2 beds (they are all male ;) )
10) sleeping doesn't restore endurance
11)on my return from jurkendar i found the mages corpses on portal's enterance (maybe bodies weren't disposed from new world correctly)
12) some npc can be found in khorinis and jhrkendar at the same time
13) teleport runes to the pass of khorinis and lanlord don't work , those for the valley of mines are completely absent
14) even if you know how to smith bennet will instract you and you will lose lp to learn skills you already posses
15)after finishing dragon hunt , i found gorn's corpse in the dragon hunters' meeting spot near the valley's enterance
16)while drunk you fight like you would normally, with the diference that you can't see the proper animations (you see the hero standing drunk while you can still deflect and deal blows like you would normally do )
17)crossbows just autoswitch targets (wanted to kill an orc saman and the crossbow was switching constantly to an orc dog ,happened many times)
18)potion hotkeys mess with view distance if not in marvin mode
19)weapon inside dragons belly needs 30 str above the one that you can obtain through training (only obtainable through pots)
20) you can sell harad only one sword at a time
21) you get drunk when giving rangar beer to drink (militiaman near the landlord infron of the baracks )
22)many diagrams are in some strange lunguage (no offence here i just thought to mention it )
23)casia (thieves guild) asks you for gold in order to train you, then asks for even more every time she trains you
24)endurance wont increase if you train it
25) while jumping with acrobatics the animation doesn't end properly

Crafting/misc. Skills
alchemy: all good
hunting : all good
thieveing skills :
sneaking: you can sneak while drunk
pickpocket: it works like it used to for me. No cracking heads or anything just dialog and pickpocket.
lockpicking: here you only need pure luck even for the simpliest chests that reward nothing
locks reset far too often
smithing skills :
Weapons) raw steel, glowing steel ,glowing blade, can be prossesed for an infinete amount of times /piece of item (glowing blade=> blade works fine )
armour ) seems to work well as for armors account
armour anvil creates sword with the needed materials when you press END
arrow smithing) were unable to find a place to create arrows/bolts that interacts with the player.

Main quest
militia
1)all kinds of training require gold but dexterity does not
2)you are given a shield but can not aquire shield training
(quests work well for chapter one )
3) if you buy armor from angar in castle he gives you his and thus has no armour
4) you don't receive paladin shield upon get in paladin guild
5) one handed mastery can be taught up to 90% and not 100% (at least for paladin trainers up to chpt 3 need to play a bit more to ensure that)

Paladin
1) you don't recieve paladin and knight shields ever.
2)paladin armour has 600 magic resistance wich is kinda broken

Irdorath

1)you gain again the same sword armour and scroll from feodoran that you got from the fire drake in the valley
2)Angar when start getting close to feodoran will begin spamming about his headache and wont leave you unleash you tell him to wait
3)After deafeting feodoran there is a black gate next to him that wont open and keeps you from finishing the game
4)the fire novice wont stay on ship he wil just keep following you even after you safelly bring him on ship and quest updates
5)when you pass the final gate and walk a bit you get in some fire filled place that has nothing (no final boss or anything like it)
so the game cannot be finished [suggestion! after fixing that i would love to be able to go back to khorinis(maybe helping in defending the city or the castle in the valley quest or something) so that you wont have to load after finishing with irdorath]

misc quests
1)in the quest where you have to stop fellan from hammering (harbour district) citizens may attack you when fight starts
2) when finishing the blood chalise quest ,casia offers you a "mage armor" wich is a mistake since she gives you a thieves guild armor

i will try to go now through mage and mercenary quest lines and the misc quests as well as weapon and magic mechanics
hope it helps.

Edited by: shadowbeast13

Apr 16 2016 Anchor

Yes that performance drop In korinis I encountered as well and its not a GPU issue on my end, you get a stuttering effect which is usually a Ram issue but I have plenty of ram so I can only conclude its a scripting issue. I think it MAY have to do with the checks on food/drinking/sleep levels combined with all the scripts going on with the normal korinis citizens.If I restart it goes away but it comes back about 10 min later or less. The food/drink/and sleep timers are way too fast, needing to eat about 5 pieces of food a day and 3 drinks is too much early on especially not to mention needing to sleep after being awake 8 hours lol. Also loading does not seem to reset the timers back the way they should be which means you are running them off clock time not game time? Biggest problem is the food/drink, sometimes the drink timer will pop up then im mid conversation and i start dieing by the end of it, waaaay to fast unplayable in fact. How about making the checks on food/drink/sleep occur every 4 hours game time and they need to be tied to current game time, if you cannot do that they might need scrapped.

The raw steel bug has been there forever making infinite gold being a smith because sharpened weapons sell but do not get removed from inventory. Also encountered that random drunk thing lol. What happened was I drink a couple beers day before because I needed liquids, went to bed, woke up drank a water that time then I drank a beer much later and got drunk lmao, it was very funny though. Also you can get out of the drunk walk by sprinting, eating food should remove the drunk effect or cut its time in half possibly?

One last bug,I think this was there in regular game not sure but I would miss a a couple arrow shot decide man I need to conserve so I load to get better result then those missing arrows were on ground after the reload. I have a suggestion, in Gothic 3 after you killed things with arrows you could loot SOME of them back from the carcass usually 2-3 if you shot 5-6 into the mob.Also ALL misses could be picked up off ground. Not sure if this would make arrow crafting redundant though because you would have so many later on.

Apr 16 2016 Anchor

i have 8mb free ram space so i don't know if there should be a prob ia mean i run fallout 4 and wicher and i have trouble with gothic on low end graphics XD (and tried in my brothers pc with 64 ram still the same

Apr 17 2016 Anchor

Bospers shop should have a arrow crafting bench

about the lag start by checking if your graphics card is being used while in gothic (it doesnt recognize my gt 750m unless i use dx11 mod) you can do this using a program like GPU-Z or EVGA precisionX 16 , if the game still lags even if you use dx11 mod try opening the f11 menu and disable the renderer completely

another thing you may try (helps me with fps on returning 2.0 mod) get EVGA precisionX 16 keep it open when you play gothic but before you start the game set framerate target to 60 in the program (tho even after doing that my gpu still is being used only around 50% and the framerate doesnt go over 30 in the city but it works alot better than without it)

also missed , dropped arrows appear on the ground after loading the game in vanilla game too (pretty noticeable if you die with a bouw in your hand and load the game

Apr 17 2016 Anchor

it has but i can't acces it (no display name on it i just can't use it ) so it is only a static mess for me :P

Apr 21 2016 Anchor

if any of you experience lag /low fps try changing these settings in gothic.ini

zTexCacheOutTimeMSec=720000
zTexCacheSizeMaxBytes=114000000
zSndCacheOutTimeMSec=30000
zSndCacheSizeMaxBytes=60000000

Apr 21 2016 Anchor

changed the gothic ini but to no avail. I noticed though that the lag becomes more intense the longer i play, and it aint lag , i game just completely freezes for one sec now and then (that comes in every 3-5 secs in khorinis)

Apr 22 2016 Anchor

i think its a memory leak and in that case my advice should have helped you (atleast noticeably) you can also try bigger numbers and setting all to 0 if that doesnt work the only thing i can think of is that your game is not using your graphics card

Apr 22 2016 Anchor

that would make sense if the lag begun right when i opened the game although i aint 100% sure about the graphic card

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.